June Board Minutes

I received an email containing the redacted board minutes from June today so assume others have as well.

A few interesting snippets -
NS reported on headline changes to the 2019/20 budget. These included changes to the EFL and Premier League grants, confirmation of food & drink sales commission from Rodney Parade, confirmation of our contribution to the cost of RP pitch refurbishment, and confirmation of play-off final gate receipts share.

It would appear that we do receive commission on food and drink sales

Further details of Paddy Power shirt sponsorship as part of their Save Our Shirt campaign were discussed.
Launch will be on July 22.

The meeting was held June 13th at which time the launch date for the kit was known hence the late July date quoted at the open meeting. When was the kit actually launched?

The Board was reminded that a non-disclosure agreement was in place regarding this deal.

for obvious reasons

Re: June Board Minutes

Amberexile wrote:I received an email containing the redacted board minutes from June today so assume others have as well.

NS reported on headline changes to the 2019/20 budget. These included changes to the EFL and Premier League grants, confirmation of food & drink sales commission from Rodney Parade, confirmation of our contribution to the cost of RP pitch refurbishment, and confirmation of play-off final gate receipts share.

Further details of Paddy Power shirt sponsorship as part of their Save Our Shirt campaign were discussed.

The meeting was held June 13th at which time the launch date for the kit was known hence the late July date quoted at the open meeting. When was the kit actually launched?

The Board was reminded that a non-disclosure agreement was in place regarding this deal.

for obvious reasons

The kit was launched on July 22nd. In retrospect it is fairly obvious why this sponsorship could not be announced sooner.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I received an email containing the redacted board minutes from June today so assume others have as well.

for obvious reasons

The kit was launched on July 22nd. In retrospect it is fairly obvious why this sponsorship could not be announced sooner.
Why?

I thought the idea was that the altruistic Paddy Power wanted us to reclaim the shirt. Surely you're not suggesting it's a mere sordid little ploy by a gambling organisation?| :grin:

By the way you may have missed it so I'll ask again. Do you think arranging for the season tickets to be delivered so close to the start of the season was a good idea? And do you think when there was a delay saying 'this is not a club issue' was unprofessional?

I thought he was referring to their finely nuanced advertising campaign designed to get people talking about their brand.

If so, he is right and it seems to be working.

Watching Huddersfield on Sky tonight in their non-advertisement shirts Paddypower are as prominent as the 32Red on Derby's shirts. Both on the pitch and replicas in the stands.

Nice idea by the ad agency

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I thought he was referring to their finely nuanced advertising campaign designed to get people talking about their brand.

Why does it work in July but not in June?

I thought he was just kissing arse again. :grin:
Because few people are betting on League 2 football in June but a large percentage of Outright betting occurs in late July and early August hence Paddypower wanting us to be talking about them now.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:I thought he was referring to their finely nuanced advertising campaign designed to get people talking about their brand.

Because few people are betting on League 2 football in June but a large percentage of Outright betting occurs in late July and early August hence Paddypower wanting us to be talking about them now.
I've never seen so many new County replica shirts being worn around the city and surrounding area .
Obviously the last 2 seasons exploits have stirred up interest and a hell of a lot more people are talking about our progress .
The new shirt design seems to have hit the spot with a certain generation of new , younger fans .
That , combined with the Paddy Power campaign can only be good , can't it ?
Great move negotiating that deal if you ask me .

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Is there any topic on which you are not an expert?

I would have thought myself that the real reason has nothing to do with League 2 betting but rather PaddyPower getting maximum exposure for brand awareness at the beginning of the football season. And it is all about brand awareness. By the way I was being sarcastic in my original post.

And do you think when there was a delay saying 'this is not a club issue' was unprofessional?

Can someone please post the link where the club categorically states this.
I have read statements where they state “Due to an issue with a third party supplier” however “it’s not a club issue” has been quoted numerous times on here so I must have missed it.

Thanks in advance

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: Why does it work in July but not in June?

Is there any topic on which you are not an expert?

I would have thought myself that the real reason has nothing to do with League 2 betting but rather PaddyPower getting maximum exposure for brand awareness at the beginning of the football season. And it is all about brand awareness. By the way I was being sarcastic in my original post.
Compared to you, very few :wink:

But you are making the same point as me here. What I was getting at is that there is a dearth of betting in June when a launch would be of restricted interest but a burst of Outright betting covering all leagues, Cups etc in July. I obviously didn't make this clear in my post earlier.

btw a little nuance of the advertising came out to me watching Huddersfield v Derby last night. Huddersfield in their blank shirts and Derby with 32 Red sponsorship. As soon as you twig why Huddersfield have no sponsors name on the shirt, the 32 Red logos become advertising for Paddypower. Nice one Paddy.

Yes, it was in a club communication but honestly, if if there are a thousand things worth getting into a state about, that must rank somewhere in the 990s.

Someone trying to keep people up to date might have chosen their words a tad better. It's not a subject for a Royal Commission.

Sorry I’m confused
Which words could I have chosen better.
It’s a simple question, as I haven’t found the quote yet.
I’m sorry if not keeping up to date is somehow offensive to you but I don’t get to see every communication put out