Re: Cambridge Away

whoareya wrote:
#hypocriteisworse

So farewell. I will continue to support from afar, but as I will only be watching County once a season or so I don't think I should be putting forward views when you, who will be enduring misery on a weekly basis will be so much better informed than me. I can't pretend either that for whatever reason the joy of watching County doesn't seem to have the same intensity as it once held.

I won't be at Anfield if we make it. I will try to get to the Plymouth game.

County ' til I emigrate, etc, etc.

Stan.
Thank you #nothingworsethanatwitch.

Being a modest fellow I don't usually blow my own trumpet but on this occasion I shall. So far this calendar year I have seen County live on only five occasions it is true. Before the year is out I will see at least one and at best three more County games.
So between six and eight games a year.

To watch County I have to drive for an hour to Knock airport. I then fly to the UK. When I get to the UK I have to get a bus, or a train or a taxi. I usually stay with friends but on occasions stay in a hotel. Having seen the game I do the whole journey in reverse. Fairs, flights, petrol, airport parking, hotels, small gifts for friends entry to games, it comes to about £250-£300 a trip. About £1500-£2500 spent on following County a year.

Nothing special, I know others spend more.