Re: Going Limbs - Bobby Linds

The trouble with language is that it tends to be the younger generation who develop new terms and words. Those of us well into the second half simply don't have a clue.

A few years ago after driving into chambers and having listened to a football related story on the Today programme I went into my clerks room looked my two junior clerks in the eye and said. "Okay I know that you lot are about to have a bloody good laugh at my expense, but could one of you please explain what's so bloody funny about Manchester City maybe having to name part of their new stadium the Colin Bell End?"

lowandhard wrote:I see what this phrase “ going limbs “ is then : it’s merely a less articulate rendering of the old chant “ let’s go f¥cking mental, let’s go f¥cking mental , la la la la, la la la la “
Mate - I first read your post a few hours ago. I have logged on again just now. Guess what, I can't get that bl****y stupid tune out of my head now!!!! Aaaaaaaargh.

pembsexile wrote:
lowandhard wrote:I see what this phrase “ going limbs “ is then : it’s merely a less articulate rendering of the old chant “ let’s go f¥cking mental, let’s go f¥cking mental , la la la la, la la la la “
Mate - I first read your post a few hours ago. I have logged on again just now. Guess what, I can't get that bl****y stupid tune out of my head now!!!! Aaaaaaaargh.
:lol: that’s the thing with stupidity isn’t it? It’s infectious. I know I’m a lifelong sufferer, I caught it years ago.