Re: Referee for Cambridge

I am sure that someone will come up with an answer. The depth of knowledge on this board is truly staggering. Whether it relates to club sponsorship, what colour kit the County wore in the past or even the laws of the game and their interpretation, someone will give the answer.

I could give lots of answers to County questions going back a fair way, but giving information on those topics, I will keep clear.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Cheers Percy, didn't think I'd seen him before. Will be interesting to see how he performs.
Not as well as you think would have done. That's for sure. 8)
Although I don't have a Supreme Court decision to back me up, I am quite certain that you are wrong about that :grin:

excessbee wrote:He'll be league two quality, will get some decisions wrong (in our eyes) and both sets of supporters will think he was poor. However, he could be very good indeed.
Again I agree entirely. But just to develop.

Sat in the Hazell on Saturday I saw a number of fouls the referee missed. However he gave freekicks for fouls I didn't see. Myself and the referee only have one pair if eyes, the crowd Saturday had four thousand.

Now even allowing for bias not a game will go by where a referee will not see fouls which at least have the stadium will see. And thus everyone believed that referees are poor. But the truth will always be that whilst some referees are better than others
the best we can hope for is that they be unbiased.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
excessbee wrote:He'll be league two quality, will get some decisions wrong (in our eyes) and both sets of supporters will think he was poor. However, he could be very good indeed.
Again I agree entirely. But just to develop.

Sat in the Hazell on Saturday I saw a number of fouls the referee missed. However he gave freekicks for fouls I didn't see. Myself and the referee only have one pair if eyes, the crowd Saturday had four thousand.

Now even allowing for bias not a game will go by where a referee will not see fouls which at least have the stadium will see. And thus everyone believed that referees are poor. But the truth will always be that whilst some referees are better than others
the best we can hope for is that they be unbiased.
I thought he had a decent enough game Saturday liked his use of the advantage

rodneyboy wrote:I believe this is his first league 2 game in the middle although I could be proved wrong on this.
What worries me more is that Trevor Kettle is in charge of the cup game on Tuesday.He is the most inept referee in the football league in my opinion..
A watched kettle never boils.....unfortunately :lol: