Re: Plymouth

CaerfilliJacko wrote:As expected they have sold out their allocation of 1037. Hope we can turn up in numbers and floating fans are not put off by the fact there's a rugby friendly being played in Cardiff!
It should be a huge crowd. I know that in the past being unobtrusive I have watched County away with home supporters. No doubt middle aged Plymouth fans will be found in the Hazell.

Years ago those who liked to make a noise at football were segregated but the main stands were, if not neutral, were certainly open to all. I remember in the season of triumph sitting in the stand (sadly that stand) at Bradford City. Whenever Bradford scored you could see the County supporters as we continued to sit.

Re: Plymouth Sell Out

It should be a great atmosphere and will also be the fifth consecutive occasion the attendance has well exceeded 4,000. I can only recall the late 70s and early 80s when attendances were that consistent.

Undoubtedly the crowds will dwindle come the winter months but it is great to see so many new young supporters replacing the lost generations, long may it continue.

Alan G Bryant wrote:It should be a great atmosphere and will also be the fifth consecutive occasion the attendance has well exceeded 4,000. I can only recall the late 70s and early 80s when attendances were that consistent.

Undoubtedly the crowds will dwindle come the winter months but it is great to see so many new young supporters replacing the lost generations, long may it continue.
What lost generations Newport County were not a league club between 1988 and 2013. Allowing for the age kids start watching football people born between 1980 and 2005? If there really were lost generations County would have very few supporters aged between 14 and 39.

Also if football is attractive and affordable there is absolutely no need for crowds to dwindle in the winter. To be clear I am not saying some supporters would not have been lost in the non-league years or that cold winter nights doesn't have an effect on crowds. But lets not exaggerate this or use it as an excuse.

Despite the disappointment of dropping two points Saturday, the entertainment value was high and I doubt many will have been put off from coming again. More of that and less excuses.

I think some of these 'bigger' games are the ones we should be trying to generate more attendance with discounts and deals etc.

Hopefully the Community team have got a load of tickets for loads of kids - all in the area opposite PAFC to frown out their noise.

I wonder if PaddyPower will be doing their shirt swap event - a bigger crowd than usual for them?

Unfortunately I won't be there. :(

Willthiswork wrote:I think some of these 'bigger' games are the ones we should be trying to generate more attendance with discounts and deals etc.

Hopefully the Community team have got a load of tickets for loads of kids - all in the area opposite PAFC to frown out their noise.

I wonder if PaddyPower will be doing their shirt swap event - a bigger crowd than usual for them?

The work the community team does is fantastic. The amount of kids wearing county shirts in our town must have quadrupled in the last 6 years. The club had also sold 1,800 season tickets so must have really engaged the fan base.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:I think some of these 'bigger' games are the ones we should be trying to generate more attendance with discounts and deals etc.

The work the community team does is fantastic. The amount of kids wearing county shirts in our town must have quadrupled in the last 6 years. The club had also sold 1,800 season tickets so must have really engaged the fan base.
Agree, always see their van around too!

This is probably about 30 years too late, but I wish the way things worked was if away supporters sit among home supporters and provoke them, they get turfed out AND if home supporters kick off against peaceable visitors they get removed.

I think I posted this before but it strikes me this is the main use for half-and-half scarves. Knot it round your neck with the home logo showing. Three Leeds supporters sat in front of us at the FA Cup game wearing them and were no bother whatsoever.

George Street-Bridge wrote:This is probably about 30 years too late, but I wish the way things worked was if away supporters sit among home supporters and provoke them, they get turfed out AND if home supporters kick off against peaceable visitors they get removed.

I think I posted this before but it strikes me this is the main use for half-and-half scarves. Knot it round your neck with the home logo showing. Three Leeds supporters sat in front of us at the FA Cup game wearing them and were no bother whatsoever.
Only THREE ?? They would've had more than that , surely ?? It's LEEDS . They take twice as many fans away than any other club in the world
:lol: :wink: