Re: Plymouth Sell Out

This game isnt going to be a 'sell out' IMO . With the Plymouth sales I estimate a gate of 5000.
Cant we move the 'segregation sheet ' in the Bisley over a block and offer Plymouth more tickets to sell if they have the ability to sell them rather than lose out on revenue.
I know this will upset / ,make it awkward for season ticket holders sitting in the block but I am sure most would understand and accept moving to an similar seat / an upgrade in another block for one game so the club can make extra cash .

When we first moved into RP we had a segregated area in the corner of the Hazell Terrace by the dugouts for away fans ...Couldn't that be used again for one game . I am sure there are barriers knocking about inside RP that could be used to segregate the home and away fans ?

Plymouth took 1700 to their game at Bradford , surely they would bring that many to a game almost half the distance away .....650+ fans at an average price of £15 per head , add on food /drink sales is £10,000 extra the club could make for one game .
Worth thinking about ???

daftasfxxx wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Pontypaul wrote:Home tickets are no longer available, either, according to website. Presumably it’s to stop Plymouth fans buying them.
Is the game sold out?
You're okay Stan just use your season ticket
Is there some sort of competition going on for stupid comments?

Being a bit of an anorak,I remember when we got in the EFL,the stand first appeared behind the goals.The away capacity became 1067,it sold out against Rovers so the club added another small section taking it up to just about 1300.I can only guess that when the old one was condemned,the new one was smaller.My question would be why would we have a smaller one erected,is it down to cost,if not why limit the away following which loses the club money.

To answer Neil, no we can't expand the away section of the Bisley. It was Crewe they played last week. We would make next to nothing by selling food and drink to more Argyle fans. WRU would do OK. I think the thread title 'Plymouth sell out' was not suggesting the match was a sell out, just that they had sold all their allocation.

excessbee wrote:To answer Neil, no we can't expand the away section of the Bisley. It was Crewe they played last week. We would make next to nothing by selling food and drink to more Argyle fans. WRU would do OK. I think the thread title 'Plymouth sell out' was not suggesting the match was a sell out, just that they had sold all their allocation.
The reason I asked the question was someone posted tickets for the game were no longer on sale?

Stan, my comment was only in reference to Neil saying 'the game isn't going to be a sell out IMO'.
I think the statement about home tickets not being on sale was about online sales. Not sure about this mind. Maybe all the seats have been sold. Like Neil, I'm expecting a crowd of 5000+, maybe 5500.

Percy plunkett wrote:The North Terrace will be open then if ticket sales are that good.
Serious question Percy.

Which do you think is the most likely,

a) The Bisley stand, the Hazell stand and the Hazell terrace are all sold out or,

b) There is a glitch?

If it's the latter perhaps someone should contact the club so that the glitch can be fixed and an explanation put up on the official web-site. I'd do it myself but Newport County AFC ignore my emails. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The North Terrace will be open then if ticket sales are that good.
Serious question Percy.

a) The Bisley stand, the Hazell stand and the Hazell terrace are all sold out or,

b) There is a glitch?

If it's the latter perhaps someone should contact the club so that the glitch can be fixed and an explanation put up on the official web-site. I'd do it myself but Newport County AFC ignore my emails. :grin:
I'm sure it's a coincidence that you and Harps don't get replies.The fault always seems to be rectified when I email them.

excessbee wrote:To answer Neil, no we can't expand the away section of the Bisley. It was Crewe they played last week. We would make next to nothing by selling food and drink to more Argyle fans. WRU would do OK. I think the thread title 'Plymouth sell out' was not suggesting the match was a sell out, just that they had sold all their allocation.

If you read my post I never said the game was going to be a sell out....I made suggestions as to why we should be looking at ways of increasing the Plymouth allocation if they are able to sell more seats..They have sold out their allocation and from what I am reading quite a few hundred are still looking / gutted to be missing out. surely we can get extra away fans into the ground somewhere? We used the part of the Hazel Terrace in the past. Why arent we looking into it ......
OK I got their last opponents wrong, it was Crewe not Bradford but they still took 1700. imo they would like to bring that many to us....We are missing out on £10,000 if we dont let them whilst the ground will only be three quarters full

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Serious question Percy.

b) There is a glitch?

The club have issued a statement saying it has been done on safety advice