Re: County memories

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Its been a couple of months since my last dialogue on this thread so another miserable day outside and another loss yesterday so lets cheer up and talk about another County great.

Roddy Jones who spent all his career in league football with the County.
Its a privilege to state that Roddy has been a good friend for a few decades now.
In total 323 appearances and 71 goals.
Roddy in all those years never went full time but stayed a part timer for the County.
He was indoctrinated into County Hall of Fame in 2009.
Always a lifelong fan as well and one of the Few ex players who would come along to watch the boys.
Following and watching Liverpool comes into the equation as well especially Rushie.
County had some characters in those days, the likes of Willy Brown for one.
Heard yesterday that Rod is struggling these days getting about.
Wish him well and great memories of his older brother the late Chris (Stove)
20 + odd years Circuit training up to 3 times a week with them both.
Brilliant memories of good times not that long ago.

Cheers and hope you enjoyed this read.
Good player was Roddy and tough with it. I recall him coming on as sub against Wimbledon and kicking opposition players up in the air with his first two challenges. He was sent off within minutes of coming on.

It’s disturbing to read that indoctrination forms part of the process of joining the County Hall of Fame. Did you mean abduction?

Kevinmoorefellover wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Its been a couple of months since my last dialogue on this thread so another miserable day outside and another loss yesterday so lets cheer up and talk about another County great.

Roddy Jones who spent all his career in league football with the County.
Its a privilege to state that Roddy has been a good friend for a few decades now.
In total 323 appearances and 71 goals.
Roddy in all those years never went full time but stayed a part timer for the County.
He was indoctrinated into County Hall of Fame in 2009.
Always a lifelong fan as well and one of the Few ex players who would come along to watch the boys.
Following and watching Liverpool comes into the equation as well especially Rushie.
County had some characters in those days, the likes of Willy Brown for one.
Heard yesterday that Rod is struggling these days getting about.
Wish him well and great memories of his older brother the late Chris (Stove)
20 + odd years Circuit training up to 3 times a week with them both.
Brilliant memories of good times not that long ago.

Cheers and hope you enjoyed this read.
Good player was Roddy and tough with it. I recall him coming on as sub against Wimbledon and kicking opposition players up in the air with his first two challenges. He was sent off within minutes of coming on.

It’s disturbing to read that indoctrination forms part of the process of joining the County Hall of Fame. Did you mean abduction?
Typo

I believe correct word is Inducted.

Cheers

Roddy Jones....... One of the original County Stalwarts, and rightfully so! Newport through and through and would go through a brick wall for the Amber cause! Superb along side Willie Brown, and as a centre back later on would frighten any division 4 striker who would dare to take him on......Alan Curtis (Welsh international) and former Swansea player used to hate playing against Roddy, as he always came out second best......Roddy Jones, the utmost Respect to you!