Re: CAMBRIDGE UNITED v NEWPORT COUNTY GRANDSTAND 10/08/

It’s early days but I see nothing in our team that suggests we will he promotion contenders.

I think that although we have slightly improved our squad, there are 5 or 6 teams in the division that have massively improved their squads, plus we have the L1 teams coming down.

I’m at a loss to understand why Flynn was only given a slight increase in budget when we made so much money last year.

Willthiswork wrote:Interesting about the kit, the skipper and the missing defender.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... ref=twtrec
Amateur night - again. First it was Hayes - now O'Brien. How can a kit not be ready? It's not like we need a sponsor.

Our pre-season was not good enough - we needed to play higher level teams - no wonder we looked off the pace today - we are already dropping points. Amond and Matt do not look sharp and at the moment do not look anywhere near the level of last season.

The one shining light today was Sheehan - he looked like the player he was a couple of seasons ago.

Mr Figo wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Interesting about the kit, the skipper and the missing defender.

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... ref=twtrec
Amateur night - again. First it was Hayes - now O'Brien. How can a kit not be ready? It's not like we need a sponsor.

Our pre-season was not good enough - we needed to play higher level teams - no wonder we looked off the pace today - we are already dropping points. Amond and Matt do not look sharp and at the moment do not look anywhere near the level of last season.

The one shining light today was Sheehan - he looked like the player he was a couple of seasons ago.
I thought last week Amond seemed to have lost a bit of pace. I can't comment on today as I wasn't there but can I ask was it that he seemed rusty or did he appear to you to have slowed up slightly?

Mr Figo wrote: Our pre-season was not good enough - we needed to play higher level teams .
Said this many times, but far and away our most demanding preseason was under Hudson and we then took something like eight points from the first 14 games and only secured safety with two or three games to go.

People were saying the same thing ahead of last season, and look how that that finished.