QPR

Queens Park Rangers play their first home game of the Championship campaign, and there is a new name for their historic Loftus Road home.

The west London ground is now known as the Kiyan Prince Foundation Stadium after the R's awarded naming rights to a charity.

Rangers drew up a shortlist of five charities earlier this year and fans voted for their preferred choice, with the Kiyan Prince Foundation - which educates young people about the consequences of knife crime - receiving over 63 percent of the voting.

Kiyan Prince, a member of QPR's youth academy, was stabbed to death in May 2006 when he was 15 years old.

Kiyan's father Mark said there would "be tears of joy" on Saturday, with a series of events occurring to mark the occasion ahead of kick-off.

What a nice thought that has gone unnoticed until today by the media

Re: QPR

We stand together with the KPF at QPR...
Some of those who know the intricacies of the game more than I, and actually saw Kiyan play, believe he was a massive future prospect in footballing terms.
Such a loss to his family of course, but sadly, the knife culture seems to have worsened even since Kiyan's brutal untimely death.
I'd liked to see us actually award the naming RIGHTS to the KPF, so they could then sell them to a large company as a fund raiser.
So one season of awareness, one season of funding.

Y'know, letting fans CHOOSE certain outcomes works, that's why QPR are the League's "best club for supporter engagement".....County would do well to copy them wherever possible.

Exile 1976 wrote:Well done them...but in this forum NGR it's not 'us' it's 'them' ... After all this is a Newport County forum
My opening sentence made it clear that my reply was from a QPR viewpoint, cos that's the topic.
Other fans of other clubs come on here refering to 'we' and nothing gets said.
My use of the word 'County' in the last sentence, further made it clear that my comment wasn't County related up til that point.
Oh, it's not a County forum it's a football & County forum.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Well done them...but in this forum NGR it's not 'us' it's 'them' ... After all this is a Newport County forum
My opening sentence made it clear that my reply was from a QPR viewpoint, cos that's the topic.
My use of the word 'County' in the last sentence, further made it clear that my comment wasn't County related up til that point.

Probably just me then, but the fact you have a QPR badge on a Newport County forum and constantly refer to them as 'us' really grips my shit.

Exile 1976 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

Probably just me then, but the fact you have a QPR badge on a Newport County forum and constantly refer to them as 'us' really grips my shit.
QPR badge duly removed. Don't wanna annoy anyone on what is supposed to be an enjoyable platform for discussion.