FED UP

I bet Joe Day is feeling a little bit p!ssed off.

Last week he came on for Cardiff when Etheridge got injured as he was the back up keeper.
Etheridge is out for a few weeks injured so I would have thought he would be second choice as he was sub keeper in the first game.

Smithies comes into goal for Cardiff today , Day is back up

Re: FED UP

I would think that Smithies experience at Championship level would make him the number 2. I was surprised to see Day ahead of him last week,maybe Warnock just wanted to give him matchday experience,how often does a sub keeper get on,so wasn't expecting to play.Looking at the highlights,Joe couldn't be blamed for the goals though.

neilcork68 wrote:I bet Joe Day is feeling a little bit p!ssed off.

Last week he came on for Cardiff when Etheridge got injured as he was the back up keeper.
Etheridge is out for a few weeks injured so I would have thought he would be second choice as he was sub keeper in the first game.

Joe looked a little out of his depth last week when he came on, Smithies was due to be loaned out during this window hence why he wasn't on the bench last week. As soon as the news came that Etheridge has been ruled of for 8 weeks then Smithies move was stopped and he was rightly recalled to the side being an established Championship level keeper. Joe will probably get his chance in the League Cup game/s

neilcork68 wrote:I bet Joe Day is feeling a little bit p!ssed off.

I'm almost certain he signed knowing he was the designated bench keeper, ie third choice. Sub keepers are not second choice as most teams have U23 teams which allow overage players, the modern reserve side, and the 2nd choice keeper plays for them. Third choice keepers train and sit on benches for years on end.