Re: Admin error meant OB missed today's game

Alan G Bryant wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Who said it was unavailable for the team?
Some teams first and second strip do clash with the opposition that's why they have a third kit

Exactly , Cambridge play with dark shorts and socks which would clash with our second kit. Their amber top would clash with our home kit.
If we had stuck to the same kit colours for 1st and 2nd kits like we did last season then we would not have this discussion. The bigger issue is that we do not seemingly have 2nd or 3rd kits available for the start of the season to avoid clashes.

lowandhard wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:AGB
Have you never heard of digesting your food.
No expert but would of thought 3 hours before the game.
Apologies, I just thought Cambridge away on a Saturday in August would have been an overnight stay.
... and probably should have been, it’s a fair old drive.
I would assume it is up to Mike , and having made the same trip in April and won 3-0 who are we to argue. I just think it is unfair for the usual warriors to blame the club once again for something that was Flynn’s choice.

Interesting in the paper today that Flynn is saying the food not arriving and kit problem was not the fault of the club.

rncfc wrote:I think it's utterly abhorrent that our players had to stand up and walk to get food on a matchday. Reading Services is a busy station with lots of cars; someone could have been killed for God's sake.
I agree, such hazards should be risk assessed - I would gladly produce a Risk Assessment and Method Statement for this, but I would charge £251, which apparently requires it to go to a tender exercise. By the time the tenders are issued, returned, reviewed, approved and awarded the season will have finished.

lowandhard wrote:
Newport_Newbie wrote:If he delighted if I was a player. I’d much rather have a Burger King or all day breakfast at reading services than have to eat some horrible pasta or whatever on a coach
:grin: yep, have to agree with that mate
Me too. And if I were a player I'd be delighted to go out on the p!ss the night before a game.

Only trouble is if you're a supporter and you pay out good money to watch your team lose 0-5 at home to Forest Green it might be a bit less amusing. Especially if you drove a 416 mile round trip to watch it. :(

George Street-Bridge wrote:There seems to be a complete absence of a sense of proportion here, people wringing their hands in embarrassment because supporters of other clubs have noticed.

It doesn't help when the Argus uses a headline saying "blunders" off the pitch overshadowed the result. Other than in the fevered brains of a handful of forum users, is that the case?
On Saturday evening and Sunday morning I put up two posts referring to an unfortunate series of events. They have been discussed in the Argus and on here so no need to repeat them.

In the first post I said, 'put it down to a bad day at the office and move on'. On my second post I said 'for me the saddest thing is that fans from other clubs have noticed. It would have been good to try and keep the lid on this one'. Now that is not exactly 'wringing their hands in embarrassment' is it? So, is your comment above in proportion to what I actually wrote? I don't think so.

Furthermore, later on in this thread, you said, 'it is not so good that it was aired in public'. Do you think that this is in proportion to what you have said above? Hmmm.

Whilst we are on the subject of proportionality, on another thread, a few days ago you said that Frank Nouble was a club rumour monger. On this very thread, in regards to the bus incident, you said, 'I will take a very wild guess..........I imagine what happened..........someone on the team bus..........

That is how rumours get started. By people taking very wild guesses when they don't know the facts. You call someone out for it and then do the very same thing yourself. There is a word for that you know.

In summary, there is not much of a sense of proportionality in your comment is there? In fact, it is close to hypocrisy I would say. What is it that you were saying about the fevered brains of a handful of forum users?

Comprehension isn't your thing, is it?

There's a world of difference between making a guess and being upfront that that's all it is and nonsense like suggestions "the management" feared they had another Crofts on their hands, attributed to other sources.

I do think it's a shame the O'Brien thing was aired in public. But as for "the saddest thing about this post [on the issue] is that fans from other clubs have noticed". Really? Who gives a flying one about what fans of other clubs think?

George Street-Bridge wrote:Comprehension isn't your thing, is it?

There's a world of difference between making a guess and being upfront that that's all it is and nonsense like suggestions "the management" feared they had another Crofts on their hands, attributed to other sources.

I do think it's a shame the O'Brien thing was aired in public. But as for "the saddest thing about this post [on the issue] is that fans from other clubs have noticed". Really? Who gives a flying one about what fans of other clubs think?
I think most supporters are talking about the plight of Bury and Bolton and to some degree Coventry. Far more compelling than picking up a Greggs at Reading services and drawing 0-0.

It does make you wonder though , Westley was meticulous in his planning and would not have entertained driving to Cambridge on the day , yet we lost 3-2 after being 2-0 up with 20 minutes to go. Flynn opts to drive on the day and we have been their bogey team ever since.

Perhaps a jolly boys outing works for Newport County, maybe Jellied eels in Margate tomorrow.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Comprehension isn't your thing, is it?

Lets get a few facts correct.
Management never said they had another Crofts on their hands I did.
What was said and its a fact not nonsense as you clearly do not know the facts.
The player concerned pre season had a lot of frustrating minor niggles which were annoying powers to be.
These niggles stopped him playing in all the pre season matches and he was originally out of the Mansfield game.
Crofts all through his time with us had what is termed niggles nothing major but still meaning he wasn't getting game time.
I appreciate it galls you that maybe I know quite a lot more than you about what's going on.
Probably 1% but that's still 1% more than you sunshine.
Wish I knew the other 99% :roll: