Open letter to the board re catering.

Rather than speculate I have this afternoon emailed the club. Hopefully that written below is explains itself.

Catering.

Dear Sirs,

As you are aware there has been speculation on social media following Saturday's unfortunate catering incident. Some of which may be uninformed and unfair.

As a concerned shareholder of both the club and the trust I would want to put this speculation to bed. Can you therefore inform me of the following?

Who if anyone has the catering contract?

How much are the club being invoiced for if there is a contract?

If a contract exists was there a tendering process.

I shall publish in full your reply.

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan.

Re: Open letter to the board re catering.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Rather than speculate I have this afternoon emailed the club. Hopefully that written below is explains itself.

Catering.

Dear Sirs,

As you are aware there has been speculation on social media following Saturday's unfortunate catering incident. Some of which may be uninformed and unfair.

As a concerned shareholder of both the club and the trust I would want to put this speculation to bed. Can you therefore inform me of the following?

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan.

I hope you get the answer you deserve.

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Rather than speculate I have this afternoon emailed the club. Hopefully that written below is explains itself.

Catering.

Dear Sirs,

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan.

I doubt the club will use that type of language :lol:

whoareya wrote:

Catering.

Dear Sirs,

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan.

Hopefully an honest genuine reply eh

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
whoareya wrote:

Catering.

Dear Sirs,

Faithfully yours,

Brendan Halligan.

Hopefully an honest genuine reply eh
Absolutely. I am rather sad that Amberexile a man of mature years, can only make his usual immature and snide remarks but what can you do? More hopeful for Whereareya though. But it's not the answer I deserve it's the answers that all County supporters deserve. The people on limited incomes, the children who give their pocket money the pensioners who give up their's. That the catering contract was put out to open and fair tender, that we made a good deal that there is no prior link between the suppliers and the club. And that the monies handed over by these wonderful supporters will be shown to have been spent wisely.

And of course we know there is idle chat in Public houses that this is not the case. I look forward to the current all male board clearing up this nasty little rumour.

Of course when cleared of the fit and proper formalities, I shall be lighted to see a women on the board of directors. And should I write to the board then, will be delighted to begin my letters Dear Sirs & Madam. :grin:

Edit.

Snide is too strong a word. Silly would have been better. The awarding of contracts is a serious issue, deserving of serious comment,

SJG99 wrote:I also have no idea why that's amusing, or what "catering" might be a euphemism for...
Sorry mate but no idea where you have been for last 24 hours.
Will explain.
There was no food organised for the team coach yesterday resulting in a pit stop at reading Services resulting in the team arriving late. Flynny very much not amused
Unleash Hell is from Gladiator which to a far-far lesser extent has been happening since.

It was my understanding that the in-stadium catering is managed by the stadium company and I suspect that the meals provided for the players on match days, to eat on the coach heading to away games and that given to visiting teams and directors was bought in. Check out the BBC Match of the Day footage in the home dressing room after we beat Middlesboro - full KFC take-away boxes everywhere! Not saying visiting directors nibble on such bones but our players certainly did that night!

I imagine a local sandwich shop provides and delivers sarnies, pasta etc to take to away games but on this occasion either they or the club didn't get the order right. Embarrassing as a one-off, no more. But you guys are right - it doesn't put the club in a good light when trying to attract new talent. I know of one established pro player who walked away from a trial at a Lge 2 club just because he realised he'd have to park half a mile away in home match days so little things do make a difference occasion.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:I also have no idea why that's amusing, or what "catering" might be a euphemism for...
Sorry mate but no idea where you have been for last 24 hours.
Will explain.
There was no food organised for the team coach yesterday resulting in a pit stop at reading Services resulting in the team arriving late. Flynny very much not amused
Unleash Hell is from Gladiator which to a far-far lesser extent has been happening since.
Oh, I actually saw about that. Had completely forgotten it, didn't seem to affect the team much tbh.