Re: Open letter to the board re catering.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:In my view, you make a logical argument right up to the point about a tender process. In my experience tenders are often skewed at the outset to favour the preferred bidder(s) giving an appearance of probity that does not truly exist.
That I don't disagree with.

But I remain hopeful. As Trustees the board of directors are accountable to the fans as beneficiaries. The more fans question the board the more the board become accountable. The tactics of mass bullying don't work on me. In fact they inspire me to carry on. I see now another poster intends to go along and ask my questions at the marquee.

I will continue to publish replies from the club to my emails. If the club reply sensibly then the directors will build trust. If they continue to reply with the utter non sense my first email solicited from them suspicion will grow.
Explains why the team were running late....M&S, Burger King, KFC plus several others had to respond to a hastily written SOR by the Assistant Manager. I heard it said in Hogarth's that apparently M&S refused to submit a bid whilst the others wrote on a paper napkin - 'please refer to prices clearly displayed at our serving counter's'. Wayne collected the napkins and the Board was hastily called on the phone. They quickly convened on a group call where it was decided that the players should have individual choice because the product in question is very subjective and no suppliers wanted to enter a tendering process.

Anyway it all passed without too much fuss as you would have expected. As well as all receipts (as standard), Wayne was asked to bring the napkins to the Club on Monday morning for Gavin to file. Apparently it was filed under 'M' which according to a guy in Weatherspoon's, was short for 'Making a Mountain out of a Molehill'. In there was also the receipts for and tender responses for Cava bought for celebratory occasions - it was noted in the file marked 'M' that M&S had (again) refused to enter the tender process and Aldi was the preferred supplier on these occasions, although it wasn't to everyone's taste.

County19081967 wrote:Perhaps now I can see why Stan gets so frustrated at times with those in charge of our fan owned club. In my view, the blanket response “As this is a commercial contract we are unable to discuss any details of the contract with a third party.” is ludicrous.

Who if anyone has the catering contract?
What on earth is commercially confidential about that? The answer does however indicate there is a catering contract in place.

How much are the club being invoiced for if there is a contract?
I’m not sure why this could be considered commercial confidential once tenders have been awarded.

If a contract exists was there a tendering process.
What on earth is commercially confidential about that?

May I just quote from my earlier post on this issue "Just as damaging as not being open and transparent is the perception that things are not open and transparent!"
As you know I sent a second email to the club raising exactly the same points as you make. Unlike the first email I am sorry that the club have not responded.

If you are able to put these questions in the marquee on Saturday I would be interested in what reply you receive. Like yourself l find the idea that the name of the company supplying the club's catering is commercially sensitive to be beyond parody. Perhaps when Kevin Ward said that only commercially sensitive matters would be redacted he really meant embarrassing matters. One never knows with Kevin. Rather like the mad hatter words mean what he wants them to mean.

Anyway best wishes and good luck.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
County19081967 wrote:Perhaps now I can see why Stan gets so frustrated at times with those in charge of our fan owned club. In my view, the blanket response “As this is a commercial contract we are unable to discuss any details of the contract with a third party.” is ludicrous.

What on earth is commercially confidential about that? The answer does however indicate there is a catering contract in place.

I’m not sure why this could be considered commercial confidential once tenders have been awarded.

May I just quote from my earlier post on this issue "Just as damaging as not being open and transparent is the perception that things are not open and transparent!"
As you know I sent a second email to the club raising exactly the same points as you make. Unlike the first email I am sorry that the club have not responded.

If you are able to put these questions in the marquee on Saturday I would be interested in what reply you receive. Like yourself l find the idea that the name of the company supplying the club's catering is commercially sensitive to be beyond parody. Perhaps when Kevin Ward said that only commercially sensitive matters would be redacted he really meant embarrassing matters. One never knows with Kevin. Rather like the mad hatter words mean what he wants them to mean.

Morning Brendan,

If County19081967 receives replies similar to those below, would you find them satisfactory?

XYZ catering

£15 per head

Yes

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Morning Brendan,

If County19081967 receives replies similar to those below, would you find them satisfactory?

XYZ catering

£15 per head

Yes

Or this:
The caterer has asked not to be named as they provided an 'at cost' service as a favour to the club, which they consider to be commercially sensitive.

The caterer has asked us not to divulge the cost as they provided an 'at cost' service as a favour to the club, which they consider to be commercially sensitive.

No contract has been entered into as the caterer has provided an 'at cost' service as a favour to the club.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Across the board, has anyone who has ever promised here to raise a question in person at a public meeting or with directors actually gone ahead and done it?

I can't remember the context or who it was, but someone was definitely going to raise two questions ahead of the Mansfield game.
Yes

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Morning Brendan,

XYZ catering

£15 per head

Yes
The issue is accountability. I appreciate that this is a nuanced point but stick with me, The answers in and of themselves are neither satisfactory or unsatisfactory. We have an elected board who hold in trust our money. We shareholders and trust members have a right to know how that money is spent and whether the board therefore have the confidence of each individual.

By way of analogy. A candidate knocks on my door during a general election. I ask her how she intends to vote on the issue say the death penalty. She will vote in favour, she will vote against are both answers which are neither satisfactory or unsatisfactory, I can choose to support her or not, dependant on my views on the issue. However an unacceptable answer would be. I can't tell you how I would vote on this issue, National security don't you know? Simply put her views on the death penalty are not and could not be an issue of National security.

Any answer given to the above questions concerning contracts is acceptable if it is true. People are then at liberty to decide whether to support or not the policy of the club. The answer 'We can't tell you, commercial contract don't you know' is utter nonsense. It deserves to be treated with contempt. And it deserves to be treated with contempt because in giving that answer the board of directors of Newport County have treated the supporters of Newport County with contempt.

In all honesty, if I were a director I would propose not responding to Stan because of his long track record as the football-supporter equivalent of a vexatious litigant, and saying so publicly. I'd much rather they got on with running the club in preference to massaging his ego, which is what it's all about.

Forum users are a very small and shrinking proportion of overall support and being a big cheese here (or seeing yourself as that) with three or four people playing Young George McFly to Stan's Biff when Marty turns up in Hill Valley should cut no ice. And I'd be very surprised if it did.

George Street-Bridge wrote:In all honesty, if I were a director I would propose not responding to Stan because of his long track record as the football-supporter equivalent of a vexatious litigant, and saying so publicly. I'd much rather they got on with running the club in preference to massaging his ego, which is what it's all about.

Forum users are a very small and shrinking proportion of overall support and being a big cheese here (or seeing yourself as that) with three or four people playing Young George McFly to Stan's Biff when Marty turns up in Hill Valley should cut no ice. And I'd be very surprised if it did.
Dear Tanner,

Thank you for your support. We will keep spending the supporters money as we see fit. If any of the plebs dare question us we will continue to rely on your sycophantic posts. Just because that attention seeking whore thinks he can ask questions, you may be sure that we'll continue to ignore him. And anyone else who might think how we spend their money is any of their business.

Kind regards,

Kev, Gav & Shaun. :grin:

PS. Good on you for calling out 'disgusting sexual practices' a post that will live long in our memory.