Re: Open letter to the board re catering.

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:So if County19081967 gets answers along those lines, what next?
Well then you can decide whether you think your money is being wisely spent. All I ask is for honesty. Too much?
I don't consider they are spending my money.
Fair enough. I do. But if we are a fans owned club whose money do you believe it to be?

Or do you agree with the inner board that it is their club and their money?

Amberexile wrote:What is the inner board and where have they said it is their club and their money?
Answer my question first. Who do you think the assets/money of Newport County belongs to.

Clue.

The club is a trust. The owners of the equitable title and therefore owners of the assets are the beneficiaries of that trust. The beneficiaries of the trust are the supporters of Newport County.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Come on AmberExile. You don't think the monies held by the trust which runs Newport County belongs to the fans.

Don't be shy tell us. Who does the money belong to?

Simple unambiguous question. I accept the board of directors administers the money but who do you say it belongs to?
I always thought the whole point of a trust was that you were giving money away.

If you donate money to a trust can you even benefit from it legally? Surely money in the trust is held for the benefit of the beneficiary, ie. Newport County? Therefore the trust is not holding money for the benefit of the fans, surely? Its for the benefit of the club.

The trustees control it for the benefit of the beneficiaries. If you want a bigger say, my best guess is that you need to become a trustee. There is a process to become one as far as I'm aware.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Come on AmberExile. You don't think the monies held by the trust which runs Newport County belongs to the fans.

Don't be shy tell us. Who does the money belong to?

Simple unambiguous question. I accept the board of directors administers the money but who do you say it belongs to?
As I have already said, I do not consider it to be my money. Beyond that I am not concerned.

What is the inner board and where have they said it is their club and their money?

excessbee wrote:Once I have paid for something, I consider that money no longer mine. However, if I'm not satisfied with the product, there might be grounds for a refund.
It has been mentioned many times at meetings including dialogue between myself and Shaun.
Firstly their is no possibility of ever getting a premium.
Secondly if you require your trust £50 shares returned that in principal only is a possibility.
Do you not consider if you bought shares, premium bonds, investments etc that the money has left you once they are paid for.
Answer is clearly no.

I don't consider my few shares in the club as an investment, merely a gift to enable me to pursue my pastime of watching Newport County. Other shares/investments are bought with a (hopeful) view of cashing out at a profit, or at least minimal loss. I certainly don't use my having shares in the club as a justification for picking holes in board decisions.

excessbee wrote:I don't consider my few shares in the club as an investment, merely a gift to enable me to pursue my pastime of watching Newport County. Other shares/investments are bought with a (hopeful) view of cashing out at a profit, or at least minimal loss. I certainly don't use my having shares in the club as a justification for picking holes in board decisions.
Agree 100%
But we can still ask questions without a hail of bullets flying at us.

excessbee wrote:I don't consider my few shares in the club as an investment, merely a gift to enable me to pursue my pastime of watching Newport County. Other shares/investments are bought with a (hopeful) view of cashing out at a profit, or at least minimal loss. I certainly don't use my having shares in the club as a justification for picking holes in board decisions.
In which case why didn't you just give it as a gift?

Once you bought shares you were buying into ownership. And that applies to everyone who bought shares.

If you wish to consider it a gift that is a matter for you. However you are a part owner of the club and or trust. As is everyone else who bought in. If you wish not to utilise that right that is a matter for you. What is not a matter for you is to make that decision for others.