Re: Flynn: "Don't go to Gillingham!"

neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Don't get this we hardly got money to throw away a second round tie v the likes of the Jack's or bin dippers could bring good money and round 3 could pull a prem big boys

Nah we must be awash with cash......A Pre season trip to Spain and 4 kits , feeding 30 people in a service station :shock: :shock:

Can someone explain to me why we didnt use our Black kit away to Cambridge ? they play in Amber shirts with a bit of black on the shoulders...our second kits top is BLACK....colour clash ?????????

Who paid for the 4th kit ????? Why wasnt the 3rd kit ready ????
I don't know what you've been watching for the past 6 years but the EFL rarely allows shorts clashes and never socks ones. Cambridge in amber with black/black/black against County in black/grey with amber/amber would be every bit as bad a clash as wearing all black, even if we were allowed it.

The cost of the white shirts even at retail price was £18 a shirt, so even if we got 20 that's under £400 (and there's no way we'd be paying retail price with an ongoing kit deal with FBT). So guessing it barely cost us anything even with the badge embossing. They used last season's white shorts and socks.

The 3rd kit isn't ready as it was scheduled for an end of September release. Sensible because no-one really has the monet for 3 kits at once, and also they have to put a load of names onto it that people have paid for, so they will want a LOT of quality control on that (you would hope). Presumably we didn't have any of last season's 3rd shirts left, as if we did I'd have bought one for the wife who was moaning about not having one all summer after wearing mine at Mansfield in the play-offs...
Last edited by SJG99 on August 13th, 2019, 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

George Street-Bridge wrote:If they got some good PR out of it then it was a win-win. I'm all for that.

I would much rather draw them away than at home. As it comes under a different police force, do you think they would declare it a "bubble match"?
I've been to a bubble game within the same police force, absolute waste of everyone who went's time, though it was nice not to be hanging around having people lobbing concrete at me as the police kettled us for an hour with riot shields, and not to miss the kickoff by 20 minutes like the last two times I went there. Even with that, I didn't still think the bubble was a good idea or justifiable.

Cardiff fans don't care about County so I doubt it would justify a bubble anyway. Much easier to just accompany people from the station, though the frequency of trains from Newport to Cardiff would make that much trickier than usual.

Percy plunkett wrote:I sponsored OB's kit and had the Playoff shirt from Mansfield away.Speaking to AE,he said that they had new shirts for the Playoff because the old ones were looking a bit tatty.They must have them somewhere but how worn they are I don't know.
The issue with that is that they had INTERBET slapped over the front of them.

SJG99 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I sponsored OB's kit and had the Playoff shirt from Mansfield away.Speaking to AE,he said that they had new shirts for the Playoff because the old ones were looking a bit tatty.They must have them somewhere but how worn they are I don't know.
Yes,I meant if you wanted to buy one.

Percy plunkett wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Yes,I meant if you wanted to buy one.
I would happily buy matchworns on a pretty much monthly basis if the club actually wanted to sell them to me. :)

Corpaboy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Dave John wrote:Glad Flynny can play poker. :grin:
Bit of SAF kidology going on there I think. :grin:
I tend to agree !!
Play it all down , then say he might not even turn up himself ....
Take em to penalties , and THEN knock them out and draw The Irons in Round 2 !

Genius
Shame about the message to possible travelling fans.
I hope nobody cancelled due to that message.
Mind you I guarantee If I went we would of bloody lost 1-0 :lol: :lol: