Flynn: "Don't go to Gillingham!"

Some refreshing honesty here from Flynn. Far better to tell fans in advance that you'll be resting key players and that they'd be better going on Saturday instead rather than let people spend a lot of time and money to travel to Kent to see a weakened team most likely get beaten.

I'd been pondering going tomorrow (Priestfield is a ground I've been meaning to tick off for a while), but on Flynny's advice I'll book up for Saturday instead!

Re: Flynn: "Don't go to Gillingham!"

Is it time we did away with the cup competitions - for a number of years top clubs have treated the FA Cup with disrespect which I think is a shame. It is clear that even at our level the money generated by the league is now the major focus albeit at L2 level the FA Cup is still a good earner and would appear the only competition we are interested in.

Re: Flynn: "Don't go to Gillingham!"

Percy plunkett wrote:Surprisingly few posts on this.I have to say it's another strange comment from MF.Yes,we expect squad players to get a game but to advise fans not to go.Unless he's been misquoted,this is sending the wrong message to players and fans and disrespectful to the competition and opposition.Flynny is having a funny few days for sure.
And it's hardly a confidence booster for the sqaud picked " Don't try too hard lads we don't want to win". NOT a good advert