Re: Who do we want to draw ?

SJG99 wrote:
Dave John wrote:County fans will have to dig deep.

5 home games from the game against Plymouth this Saturday til Port Vale on 7th September - with two mid week games against West Ham sides.
I suspect no-one's very bothered about watching their U21s...
Didn't even know we were playing them to be honest.

neilcork68 wrote:
Dave John wrote:County fans will have to dig deep.

5 home games from the game against Plymouth this Saturday til Port Vale on 7th September - with two mid week games against West Ham sides.

It will probably be a very similar West Ham side we face in both the Carabao and the EFL Trophy games
Possible, though they might want to use their first team bench players along with some of the U23s who don't qualify for the U21 side.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:Wait for the annual ticket fiasco!!
It's a midweek Carabao Cup game, probably get 7000 max. Don't think we'll sell out unless there are loads of plastic Hammers in Newport (I only know of one or two).
I think it's a bigger draw than Leicester to be honest although not FA Cup
Disagree sorry but still brilliant

neilcork68 wrote:One West Ham fan on their forum moaning that they will only get just over a thousand tickets for the game and it will only be the top point scoring travelling fans who will get tickets so many will miss out...Will they bring that many ???????
YES ! They will .
It's their only real chance of a trophy this season (or any other for that matter !) and will want to win .
Don't underestimate the number of "plastic" Hammers either

Corpaboy wrote:
countyareup wrote:
Beechwood Boy wrote:Wait for the annual ticket fiasco!!
Can't I make a bid to supply refreshments to those in the queue for tickets?
Only if you run it past Stan first ....
Corpa play the game sunshine
I really don't care myself.
Great night but it really is getting boring mate.
So much else we can talk about.

neilcork68 wrote:One West Ham fan on their forum moaning that they will only get just over a thousand tickets for the game and it will only be the top point scoring travelling fans who will get tickets so many will miss out...Will they bring that many ???????
I'm sure going to Astra Giurgiu or Astana in the Europa League in the mid-2010s will qualify all the important people. :roll:

Prem away ends usually hold 3000, though Bournemouth only offer 1200 and a fair few teams take reduced away allocations nowadays. So it's not *THAT* much different for them than going to Bournemouth and it's midweek which will reduce the numbers travelling (they'll be interested to know the last eastbound train back to London is 2145 though).