Re: Salford FC .....

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:
.......... you attention-seeking whore?

That's a new one to add to the ever increasing list of insults. I'm flattered you care so much. :grin:
I'm not trying to insult you. I'm trying to understand the superiority complex you have, when you are quite clearly intellectually inferior to practically everyone you get into a debate with. Unless it can be related back to the Courtroom, you're usually tragically out of your depth.

Alan G Bryant wrote:It always amuses me when supporters of other clubs think that Newport County had their return to the EFL bankrolled.
it's laughable, & i wonder if any of the clubs mentioned in this thread will be asked to pay the money back, & also have to have a whip round to make sure they still have club to support if the investors pull out.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:

That's a new one to add to the ever increasing list of insults. I'm flattered you care so much. :grin:
Serious question
How old are these so called insulting jokers
The insults continue to get worse.
Where do you draw the line?

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:

I'm not trying to insult you. I'm trying to understand the superiority complex you have.......
Let me help you.

If you were to write 'I find the way you write condescending and I would like understand why ' you might elicit a sensible response. Instead you keep attempting to ridicule me. I don't have a problem with that but please unlike the advice given by St Paul I neither suffer fools gladly nor do I turn the other cheek.

So look at the response you get to a sensible question such as 'Has anyone thought Flynn might be playing mind games?'

Now ask yourself if you are not looking to insult people when you call them attention seeking whores, what is it exactly you are trying to do?

Unfortunately for you, not everyone you come up against will want to treat life like a civilised courtroom argument.

I think most on here have suffered your increasingly bizarre ramblings for quite long enough. If insulting you is what irritates you the most, that's the angle I'll continue to take.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:

Serious question
How old are these so called insulting jokers
The insults continue to get worse.
Where do you draw the line?
I genuinely don't care what people say to me or about me. I don't draw a line. I have myself called people idiots and gormless. I mean being a potty mouth like that who am I to draw lines? :grin:

rncfc wrote:Unfortunately for you, not everyone you come up against will want to treat life like a civilised courtroom argument.

I think most on here have suffered your increasingly bizarre ramblings for quite long enough. If insulting you is what irritates you the most, that's the angle I'll continue to take.
Fine. Enjoy.

The Wolf wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Salford - paid for by billionaire owner.

Fleetwood - paid for by multi-millionaire owner.

Crawley - owned by the local council.

The pattern appears to be that most clubs either secure the support of their council, or seek private investment.

Peter Lim (born 1953) is a Singaporean business magnate, entrepreneur, philanthropist and investor. Lim, who was one of Singapore's leading stockbrokers, is now a private investor. He is an astute and diversified investor who looks long-term and has invested in sectors ranging from palm oil to medicine. In 2019, Forbes ranked him as the 10th richest person in Singapore with a net worth of US$2.5 billion.

In 2014, Salford were taken over by former Manchester United players Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt, who each own 10% of the club, with businessman Peter Lim owning the rest; David Beckham purchased a 10% share from Peter Lim in January 2019. They were crowned Northern Premier League Division One North champions in 2014–15, before winning the Premier Division play-offs in 2016. Salford won the National League North title in the 2017–18 campaign and then secured a place in the English Football League after winning the 2019 National League play-off final under the stewardship of Graham Alexander.

https://talksport.com/football/433038/j ... er-united/
And only owns 40% of the club. But as you will notice Lim had the good sense firstly to get on the right side of the council and secondly get a whole host of ex Manchester United stars on board.

What precisely Lim is playing at I don't know. Foreign millionaires who have an overwhelming desire to help out lower league football teams strike me as somewhat unlikely.
Moving on. I don't like Salford because they are part of the corruption of our game. For me football teams are something that can and does unite communities. It is the norm in towns of Newport's size and can be the norm even in bigger cities. And if you want to see an example of how people can love their team but be only too aware how the ownership of undesirables of those we teams can cause mayhem look at Newcastle.

And what is unfortunate about rncfc's rant is that rather than argue why he feels that trust ownership is not the answer, he instead seems to believe that attempting to insult me is more interesting.

The Wolf wrote:
rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Salford - paid for by billionaire owner.

Fleetwood - paid for by multi-millionaire owner.

Crawley - owned by the local council.

The pattern appears to be that most clubs either secure the support of their council, or seek private investment.

Peter Lim (born 1953) is a Singaporean business magnate, entrepreneur, philanthropist and investor. Lim, who was one of Singapore's leading stockbrokers, is now a private investor. He is an astute and diversified investor who looks long-term and has invested in sectors ranging from palm oil to medicine. In 2019, Forbes ranked him as the 10th richest person in Singapore with a net worth of US$2.5 billion.

In 2014, Salford were taken over by former Manchester United players Ryan Giggs, Gary Neville, Phil Neville, Paul Scholes and Nicky Butt, who each own 10% of the club, with businessman Peter Lim owning the rest; David Beckham purchased a 10% share from Peter Lim in January 2019. They were crowned Northern Premier League Division One North champions in 2014–15, before winning the Premier Division play-offs in 2016. Salford won the National League North title in the 2017–18 campaign and then secured a place in the English Football League after winning the 2019 National League play-off final under the stewardship of Graham Alexander.

https://talksport.com/football/433038/j ... er-united/
And only owns 40% of the club. But as you will notice Lim had the good sense firstly to get on the right side of the council and secondly get a whole host of ex Manchester United stars on board.

What precisely Lim is playing at I don't know. Foreign millionaires who have an overwhelming desire to help out lower league football teams strike me as somewhat unlikely.
Moving on. I don't like Salford because they are part of the corruption of our game. For me football teams are something that can and does unite communities. It is the norm in towns of Newport's size and can be the norm even in bigger cities. And if you want to see an example of how people can love their team but be only too aware how the ownership of undesirables of those we teams can cause mayhem look at Newcastle.

And what is unfortunate about rncfc's rant is that rather than argue why he feels that trust ownership is not the answer, he instead seems to believe that attempting to insult me is more interesting.

I thought April 1 had passed. Not content with owning 60% of Salford fc, the class of 92 will now be running a University college in Stretford. They will be running courses in sports and media with 600 students starting in September. They hope to eventually have thousands enrolled. The mind boggles.

We could always ask Sir Tommy, Aldo, Keith Oakes, John Relish and a few others to run a course in Newport. How to ensure a lowly club can get to the quarter finals of the European Cup winners (Europa) cup. Run by the ‘class of 82’.

As Corpaboy said "sick to the back teeth of seeing them"
DITTO
Although I've now got several missing!
It would be interesting to see how many of Salford's games will be televised over the season
Even in the "I" today Salford got a large report the rest got a pissy little paragraph
As far as I'm concerned Sky already runs the F A
Sycophancy rules as do backhanders and bungs (of course this is my own opinion)
I find Sky ghastly,glitzy and soulless.....maybe a reflection on where we are today

Just watching "The Gaffer" on BT Sports
All about Non-League Managers earning their crust , and how it effects their family life .

All done without messrs Neville , Neville , Butt , Scholes , Giggs and Beckham .

None of which have done **** all in football management , and have had more airtime as "The Crass of 92" and getting themselves on the list of Directors of Salford FC than the rest of the football world could ever dream of !

Salford FC is a play thing for ex footballers who haven't got the bottle to have a bash at running a proper football club (Scholes as the exception , although he's banned and lasted 5 minutes at Oldham !)

THATS why I don't want to watch them on every TV channel available to man !

When Salford goes tits up , those feckers will disappear .
It's not their livelihood at risk .
It's a gamble , and the TV channels are sucking up to it cos it's "Man Utd putting something back into football"

I shit em !