Re: Salford FC .....

P Neville was assistant manager at Valencia in La Liga, G Neville brother eventually came in to replace sacked manager...didn't go spectacularly for the pairing. P Neville also England women's team head coach. Giggs is Wales manager, he also had a stint as Man U manager. Not a believer of his ability to motivate, seems too serious, but he is having a go. I think they have all coached in some capacity except for Beckham as Posh won't let him...no manager or coach is a fashion icon, therefore it is forbidden.

Have serious respect for Flynny taking on a dead man walking position and delivering well beyond all expectations.

The only thing I don’t agree with regards the Salford scenario is the Sky tv saturation and their cash input into Salford.

With regards the CO92 involvement, I don’t think it’s a problem ?? Let’s be honest we would all love a bit of that at the County, who wouldn’t ..... and as much as I’m not a real fan of premiership football, I’ve watched the series of documentaries since their beginning, and GN especially seems to work very hard on it, and it’s been a few years now, so can hardly be accused as a 2 min fling ?

Corpaboy wrote:Just watching "The Gaffer" on BT Sports
All about Non-League Managers earning their crust , and how it effects their family life .

All done without messrs Neville , Neville , Butt , Scholes , Giggs and Beckham .

None of which have done **** all in football management , and have had more airtime as "The Crass of 92" and getting themselves on the list of Directors of Salford FC than the rest of the football world could ever dream of !

Salford FC is a play thing for ex footballers who haven't got the bottle to have a bash at running a proper football club (Scholes as the exception , although he's banned and lasted 5 minutes at Oldham !)

THATS why I don't want to watch them on every TV channel available to man !

When Salford goes tits up , those feckers will disappear .
It's not their livelihood at risk .
It's a gamble , and the TV channels are sucking up to it cos it's "Man Utd putting something back into football"

I shit em !
I'm no supporter of Salford and neither am I a particular fan of the class of '92. However, I think Phil Neville would have something to say about your comment, 'none of them have done **** all in football management".

That aside, there are two sides to the Salford story. There will be no tears from me if they don't succeed, but I don't think any of us would complain if some super rich ex players with local connection came on board. Don't know of any mind.

I don't like the media obsession with them. I think I am a fan of traditional clubs, I'd like to see the money put in to Bury, Stockport, and the other 'lesser' teams in their area. Old fashioned I suppose. It begs the question for me, why Salford?

Why Salford ??

They all have an affinity with the area cos of all the time they spent with Manchester United!!

They are also investing in education in the area so I can’t fault them - and I’m no Manc fan.

In fairness they want put their money into them and I don’t see a problem with it - like u said you wouldn’t moan, and I certainly wouldn’t if something similar happened to us!!

The only Issue j got with it all is Sky putting money and so much focus into them ?

Justanordinaryfan wrote:Why Salford ??

They all have an affinity with the area cos of all the time they spent with Manchester United!!

They are also investing in education in the area so I can’t fault them - and I’m no Manc fan.

In fairness they want put their money into them and I don’t see a problem with it - like u said you wouldn’t moan, and I certainly wouldn’t if something similar happened to us!!

The only Issue j got with it all is Sky putting money and so much focus into them ?
There is much more of a Neville connection with Bury than Salford. They could do with the cash as well.

The father yes, had a stand there named after him. Their mother is still club Secretary.

I wonder why they didn’t go for FC United of Manchester (think that’s what it is called). They could take on the Glazers then!!!!!!! That would be very funny but it wouldn’t happen.

I don't begrudge them having the investment from the 'Class of 92' and Peter Lim, what does annoy me is this underdog story they've somehow managed to build around themselves. As others have said, I enjoyed watching those documentaries, but playing the angle of 'plucky, little Salford City' annoyed me.

DT1892 wrote:I don't begrudge them having the investment from the 'Class of 92' and Peter Lim, what does annoy me is this underdog story they've somehow managed to build around themselves. As others have said, I enjoyed watching those documentaries, but playing the angle of 'plucky, little Salford City' annoyed me.
I have sympathy with that view. On word of, I know unsolicited forgive me, advice.

If you let things like that annoy you, you're going to spend an awful lot of your life annoyed. :grin: