Re: Serious question

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Just to say that the money raised through the sale of community shares was not used to buy a majority share in the club. It was used to inject working capital into the club to enable it to continue to run with Les Scadding's subsidies.

I would also still urge people to read the "share certificate" they received when buying community shares through the Trust as an indication of how confused this whole mater is.
Paul,

My entire argument is based on the fans being the owners of the club. You disagree with that and as such we are bound to disagree, and have to agree to differ. However I do think not being able to say who owns the club makes your argument merely a bare assertion.
Brendan, please stop making things up. I've tried to help you twice by advising that you read your community share document. Not sure why you are so reluctant to take my advice. What do you make of it?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:A couple of points here.

There are four threads up at the moment on which I am receiving a great deal of vitriol and a fair amount of vitriolic abuse. Now those threads have received a combined total of over 10,000 hits in five days. Now I know that does not equate to 10,000 people but I suspect a number in the high hundreds have followed this argument. And the point which therefore follows is that the overwhelming majority of County supporters who have read these threads have chosen not to comment.

So to be clear, my view is this, The board of directors have the right to make all the decisions regarding Newport County. I believe the owners of Newport County are the fans. Whilst I believe the board of directors can make any decision they like, they have to be accountable to the supporters. And to be accountable they have a duty to tell the supporters what they are doing. And in my view in this duty they are failing.

It is ultimately for those hundreds who read and don't comment to decide what the future of our club is to be. And no amount of wishful thinking from me will alter that. And neither will any amount of shouting from those who oppose my view change that either.

Up the 'Port.
I'm guessing why the problem arises is over how the word "accountability" is viewed. You believe that it means that the BOD should be providing those who provided the money to buy a majority stake in the club every minutiae of it's day to day business. The BOD see accountability as providing redacted minutes of all it's meetings. The majority of fans however appear they are not really that bothered while on-field business is good...

If you rewind 3 years when things were dire you will see the amount of applicants trying to join the board were not that bothered either, but boy could they type.

Why do you continuously equate criticism of the board with a requirement to be elected to the board to put things right? They are our elected representatives.

Criticising elected representatives is what happens. Members of the public do it for members of their local Council. They also do it for their MP. It is about accountability. You don't have to be on a Council or in Parliament to have a view and criticise.

I will never seek to be an MP or go on a Council. Neither will I ever seek election to the board of the County. Doesn't mean to say I can't ask questions and criticise.

It's all a matter of accountability. The best answer I have seen was from Wattsville yesterday. I suppose it is the level of accountability that people want. See his response to understand what I mean.

My own view is that in the main the board are doing a reasonable job. A lot of it is reflected by what happens on the pitch. They put a lot of hours in. The club also get a lot of things wrong that I won't go into here but they still do their best. That does not mean they shouldn't be held accountable.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:It belongs to the club. Aren't you supposed to be a legal expert? Go and do some reading.
I know a little law. I think it is fair to say that if you had any knowledge whatsoever you would perhaps not have written such a staggeringly stupid reply. To be clear I don't say you are stupid just that your reply most certainly is.

Again though, a really simple question but nobody prepared to answer the question.
Stan, I gave my answer on a separate thread which i am guessing is what made you start this one.

You are suggesting that the fans of this club can be both the settlor and beneficiary of the supporters Trust. That defeats the object of a trust and so is patently nonsense.

My response is not stupid, but your question most certainly is. As someone with a legal background I should be flabbergasted by your lack of knowledge in this area, but in your case I'm not particularly surprised.

rncfc wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
rncfc wrote:It belongs to the club. Aren't you supposed to be a legal expert? Go and do some reading.
I know a little law. I think it is fair to say that if you had any knowledge whatsoever you would perhaps not have written such a staggeringly stupid reply. To be clear I don't say you are stupid just that your reply most certainly is.

Again though, a really simple question but nobody prepared to answer the question.
Stan, I gave my answer on a separate thread which i am guessing is what made you start this one.

You are suggesting that the fans of this club can be both the settlor and beneficiary of the supporters Trust. That defeats the object of a trust and so is patently nonsense.

My response is not stupid, but your question most certainly is. As someone with a legal background I should be flabbergasted by your lack of knowledge in this area, but in your case I'm not particularly surprised.
So tell me, who do you think are the owners of the club?

Now as for reading might I suggest you go to Google and type in 'Can a beneficiary be a trustee?' Or Yahoo or duckduckgo or Ask Jeeves. And then enlightened you might not make such an idiot of yourself, or for that matter Colin Jones. Unless of course the Antipodean winder was laughing not with you but at you.

Naw, I know Colin, he doesn't do nuance. :grin:

Actually re the post above.

Leaving aside the vitriol from a small number on this board this post is for those of you who read but don't post.

Firstly please don't take my word for anything. I don't dissemble or lie but I am quite capable of being wrong. So check your own facts, and there are plenty of search engines out there.

Firstly check whether a beneficiary under a trust can also be a trustee.

Having done that ask yourselves these questions.

Who do you believe are the owners of Newport County?

Do you think the directors have a duty to keep supporters informed?

Do you think the directors are carrying out that duty?

Why do you think a small number of vitriolic posters on this board seem so upset by my questions?

Now I'm sure they will attempt to swamp with abuse but last night watching an article on the Peterloo massacre I was reminded of the words of Shelly

Shake your chains to earth like dew,
Which in sleep had fallen on you,
For ye are many,
They are few.

It is your club. It is up to you how it is run.

George Street-Bridge wrote:"Shelly" LOL. :lol:

Forgive me Shelley.

Tell me George what made you laugh out loud? Was it the thought of 18 innocent people marching for democracy being butchered? Or was it that notwithstanding predictive text my dyslexia means on occasions my spelling is less than perfect?

I watched the piece about the Peterloo Massacre last night as well.

Perhaps this would be more appropriate

'Tis the voice of the people I hear it on high
It peals o'er the mountains - I hear it on high
Through wild field of heather, it wings its swift flight
Like thunders of heaven arrayed in their might
It rushes still on, like the torrent's loud roar
And bears on its surges the wrongs of the poor
Its shock like the earthquake shall fill with dismay
The hearts of the tyrants and sweep them away

I think this forum would do well to have a sub section just for Stan and his one or two sidekicks.

Block them from the rest of the forum where the real and rational County fans discuss things and let them have their own little space where he can be a big voice and pretend he's relevant.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Actually re the post above.

Leaving aside the vitriol from a small number on this board this post is for those of you who read but don't post.

Firstly please don't take my word for anything. I don't dissemble or lie but I am quite capable of being wrong. So check your own facts, and there are plenty of search engines out there.

Why do you think a small number of vitriolic posters on this board seem so upset by my questions?

Now I'm sure they will attempt to swamp with abuse but last night watching an article on the Peterloo massacre I was reminded of the words of Shelly

For ye are many,
They are few.

I posted this exactly one hour ago.

In that hour 63 times this post has been read.

Three responses, two poking fun at me which is fine, one piece of vile abuse but that's GSB for you. It's as I predicted there would be a vitriolic response.

I wonder what the vast majority who read this and don't comment think? :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

For ye are many,
They are few.

Three responses, two poking fun at me which is fine, one piece of vile abuse but that's GSB for you. It's as I predicted there would be a vitriolic response.

Have you read your community share certificate yet?

Amberexile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

For ye are many,
They are few.

Have you read your community share certificate yet?
It was never sent to me old boy.

But really you agree with me on constructive trusts. So who if not the supporters do you feel owns the club?

Also it's rude to not answer a question whilst only posting another.

Still 97 hits now. Whoareya, you Ironsider and GSB being four and me being five.

I think I'm right. Four think I'm wrong. 92 yet to declare.