Re: Serious question

supporter wrote:Serious question-what is the point of this question?-serious question.
Well you see an awful lot of hot air has been produced. But at the heart of it is this. We are told constantly that Newport County are a fans owned club. Now for me that means having the right to examine how the club is administered and being able to comment upon it If we are not a fans owned club, then the owners, who ever they are can do as they please with the assets.

30 years ago when Newport AFC was formed it was a fans club. Owned by the fans, Football with a future. Then at some indeterminate date it wasn't a fans owned club. Probably because nobody thought to ask those administering the club when did ownership pass from supporters to whoever became owner.

And I had this feeling that if I asked a straight forward question like who owns a fans owned club I'd find out if that whole process of fans raising vast sums of money to save the club and then losing control all over again was being repeated. And now the club is awash with cash great. But when the money runs out asking supporters to buy back their own club again might be somewhat more problematic.

And unlike some I am concerned.

And I have my answer it seems.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Let's for once stay on topic. One simple question answers only to the question and if you are not concerned simply ignore.

Newport County football club have assets. The £2,000,000 or so from recent Cup runs.

To whom do you believe the money belongs?
Ffs gat a job or do some charity work - your constant sniping is getting beyond irritating - if you had the balls to stand for office your comments would have some relevance alas they don’t.
It comes down to a simple question do you want a club or not without the board etc. who you appear to hold in contempt there would be no club partly because the greatest critics like you would run to the hills rather take any responsibility or put any effort in.

County ranger wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Let's for once stay on topic. One simple question answers only to the question and if you are not concerned simply ignore.

Newport County football club have assets. The £2,000,000 or so from recent Cup runs.

To whom do you believe the money belongs?
Ffs gat a job or do some charity work - your constant sniping is getting beyond irritating - if you had the balls to stand for office your comments would have some relevance alas they don’t.
It comes down to a simple question do you want a club or not without the board etc. who you appear to hold in contempt there would be no club partly because the greatest critics like you would run to the hills rather take any responsibility or put any effort in.
No it comes down to the simple question as to whether I want the board to be accountable.

Clearly the vitriol coming from certain quarters means that there are some who don't want them to be.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:I truly don't know.
I thought it was everybody who bought £50 shares but clearly not the case.
Maybe its people in the background who never get mentioned certainly not our current board
Now 70 have tried but failed to find an answer which is understandable to myself..
Hi Frank ,

Would you mind emailing the club for me and asking how many supporters bought £50 shares or more. Then I can cross reference with the amount of people that regularly complain on here to ascertain the real level of disquiet regarding our football club. That way we can give some context to the disquiet rather than reading that you speak to loads that are not happy.
The kit is growing on me by the way, yellow shorts and all.

Ps
Next time you take your mate to a game , introduce him to a director in the marquee.
Sorry but you have totally lost me here.
Regarding £50 shares I believe there is a list somewhere.
Sure there is a record but you should know of course.
If you are referring to myself apologies but please list my complaints as currently I have none
"speaking to loads that are unhappy" again where does this statement come from.
Have mailed the club on 2 points.
I was not happy to never receive any news regarding the trust albeit a trust member.
Sadly in your sad eyes that's causing trouble
Colin kindly apologised and that is sorted.
After a lot of dialogue on here again I now know that the official kit is black shorts and its up to Flynny to decide what kit we play for our home games.
Which director was in the Marquee for the Mansfield game.
Provided there is no queue and somebody available I will ask "are we getting a decent cut from the profits on match day food and drink" albeit it appears we get something .
If not I will continue to have the odd shandy off campus.
Finally give me a list of all these regular complaints.
Just to finish I think our management team are doing a splendid job for us.

As I see it a certain number of supporters and people who aren’t even interested in football raised money to buy a controlling interest in the club, these said people then voted a number of fellow supporters to run the club day to day.our money for want of a better word was used for this purpose anything else from gate receipts 50/50 cup money transfer money league prize money prem league funding etc is surely for the sole purpose of ensuring the existence and development of Newport county the football club.i often think of this scenario in that we say were a fan owned club and the board should be accountable,do more,explain where our money has gone and so on but on the flip side of this there are probably a great number of fans now stood next to shareholder/trust member on the terraces and in the stands who never got the chance or were involved with the club at this time and in the event of the club having a period of financial difficulty would they turn to the fan who says he owns the club and ask well what are you doing about this you say it’s your club and your money

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:I truly don't know.
I thought it was everybody who bought £50 shares but clearly not the case.
Maybe its people in the background who never get mentioned certainly not our current board
Now 70 have tried but failed to find an answer which is understandable to myself..
Hi Frank ,

Would you mind emailing the club for me and asking how many supporters bought £50 shares or more. Then I can cross reference with the amount of people that regularly complain on here to ascertain the real level of disquiet regarding our football club. That way we can give some context to the disquiet rather than reading that you speak to loads that are not happy.
The kit is growing on me by the way, yellow shorts and all.

Ps
Next time you take your mate to a game , introduce him to a director in the marquee.
I think you need to be clear about what you refer to regarding the level of disquiet regarding the club. I can tell you what I think it isn't. It is not about the team and the fabulous few seasons we have been having. I don't remember anyone having a rant at the team and management unlike previous seasons.

I genuinely do not understand why people confuse criticism of off field issues with on field issues. They are separate, yes they may be linked, but they are separate issues. Why can't some people be really chuffed with what is happening with the team but be concerned about other off field issues? That is their prerogative. Some won't always agree with what they say, and the intensity of how they say it, but, as we have been reminded by the club, the club is for us, the fans.

A couple of points here.

There are four threads up at the moment on which I am receiving a great deal of vitriol and a fair amount of vitriolic abuse. Now those threads have received a combined total of over 10,000 hits in five days. Now I know that does not equate to 10,000 people but I suspect a number in the high hundreds have followed this argument. And the point which therefore follows is that the overwhelming majority of County supporters who have read these threads have chosen not to comment.

So to be clear, my view is this, The board of directors have the right to make all the decisions regarding Newport County. I believe the owners of Newport County are the fans. Whilst I believe the board of directors can make any decision they like, they have to be accountable to the supporters. And to be accountable they have a duty to tell the supporters what they are doing. And in my view in this duty they are failing.

It is ultimately for those hundreds who read and don't comment to decide what the future of our club is to be. And no amount of wishful thinking from me will alter that. And neither will any amount of shouting from those who oppose my view change that either.

Up the 'Port.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:A couple of points here.

There are four threads up at the moment on which I am receiving a great deal of vitriol and a fair amount of vitriolic abuse. Now those threads have received a combined total of over 10,000 hits in five days. Now I know that does not equate to 10,000 people but I suspect a number in the high hundreds have followed this argument. And the point which therefore follows is that the overwhelming majority of County supporters who have read these threads have chosen not to comment.

So to be clear, my view is this, The board of directors have the right to make all the decisions regarding Newport County. I believe the owners of Newport County are the fans. Whilst I believe the board of directors can make any decision they like, they have to be accountable to the supporters. And to be accountable they have a duty to tell the supporters what they are doing. And in my view in this duty they are failing.

It is ultimately for those hundreds who read and don't comment to decide what the future of our club is to be. And no amount of wishful thinking from me will alter that. And neither will any amount of shouting from those who oppose my view change that either.

Up the 'Port.
I'm guessing why the problem arises is over how the word "accountability" is viewed. You believe that it means that the BOD should be providing those who provided the money to buy a majority stake in the club every minutiae of it's day to day business. The BOD see accountability as providing redacted minutes of all it's meetings. The majority of fans however appear they are not really that bothered while on-field business is good...

wattsville_boy wrote:

Up the 'Port.
I'm guessing why the problem arises is over how the word "accountability" is viewed. You believe that it means that the BOD should be providing those who provided the money to buy a majority stake in the club every minutiae of it's day to day business. The BOD see accountability as providing redacted minutes of all it's meetings. The majority of fans however appear they are not really that bothered while on-field business is good...

If you rewind 3 years when things were dire you will see the amount of applicants trying to join the board were not that bothered either, but boy could they type.

wattsville_boy wrote:

Up the 'Port.

The majority of fans however appear they are not really that bothered while on-field business is good...
As I said unless people say how they feel then we don't know. However your analysis is difficult to disagree with. And I don't disagree with it.

What I would say though that 1979, we beat West Ham in the Cup. 1980 promoted and win Welsh Cup. 1981 Quarter Final of ECWC. 1983 top of old Division 3 at Easter. A wonderful five years. And I remember nobody was really bothered that we didn't put infrastructure into place while on field business was good.

Just to say that the money raised through the sale of community shares was not used to buy a majority share in the club. It was used to inject working capital into the club to enable it to continue to run with Les Scadding's subsidies.

I would also still urge people to read the "share certificate" they received when buying community shares through the Trust as an indication of how confused this whole mater is.

Amberexile wrote:Just to say that the money raised through the sale of community shares was not used to buy a majority share in the club. It was used to inject working capital into the club to enable it to continue to run with Les Scadding's subsidies.

I would also still urge people to read the "share certificate" they received when buying community shares through the Trust as an indication of how confused this whole mater is.
Paul,

My entire argument is based on the fans being the owners of the club. You disagree with that and as such we are bound to disagree, and have to agree to differ. However I do think not being able to say who owns the club makes your argument merely a bare assertion.