Re: West Ham on Sky

UPTHEPORT wrote:Anyone know how much TV money we get for this game
Short answer: don't know. Seems to be a dearth of info.

Longer answer: The Carabao Cup TV money I think comes under the overall EFL/Sky deal. So, it could be the same as a televised championship fixture, which I think is ~£100k for the home team (more on a Sunday) and ~£10k for the away side.

No prize money until the semi-finals by the way.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:West Ham sold their 1,030 allocation .
We've sold about 2,000 before General Sale starts today .
I'd say 6k tops
For me being able to watch the game live is great. But there is nothing like the atmosphere of a big cup tie played at night. That is being lost and for many young supporters it is something they will never know. Which is a great pity.
Which is why my 6 year old is a season ticket holder for the last 2 seasons , and he loves it !!
The TV thing is all a bonus and helps with the Club's profile away from the 2-3,000 regulars .

The number of people I've spoken to either from work , or other connections that live nowhere near Newport , and don't even follow a lot of football know about us and our exploits since Flynny took over .
That can only be good , surely ?

UPTHEPORT wrote:Got no time for anyone who says they are football fans and just watch it on the telly except those who are housebound/I'll

They are not fans just like football

FFS !
Bit harsh on a lot of exiles Jim who can't get to as many games as they would like, me included. I do watch on the telly. Normally get to about 4/5 a year but managed 7 last year with our Cup run. You even got me one ticket!! :cheers:

I'd never pay to subscribe to S*y Sp*rts, and nor would I ever pay to watch games on iFollow - far better to save one's money for tickets and travel to actual live games, IMHO. But on the rare occasions when we're on telly in the pub and logistics prevent me from getting to a game, I'll buy a pint for the opportunity to see a game I'd otherwise miss.

pembsexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Got no time for anyone who says they are football fans and just watch it on the telly except those who are housebound/I'll

FFS !
Bit harsh on a lot of exiles Jim who can't get to as many games as they would like, me included. I do watch on the telly. Normally get to about 4/5 a year but managed 7 last year with our Cup run. You even got me one ticket!! :cheers:
Ah but you go to games Mike

I'm on about the likes of blokes I work with "Massive " Liverpool/Man U fans 90% never been to a game live but luvs watching them on telly box :roll:

Plastics :evil:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
pembsexile wrote:

FFS !
Ah but you go to games Mike

I'm on about the likes of blokes I work with "Massive " Liverpool/Man U fans 90% never been to a game live but luvs watching them on telly box :roll:

Plastics :evil:

:grin: :tongue2: :tongue2:

Re: West Ham ticket.

I see that 'on security advice' there are no online ticket sales.

I can just see the logic of not selling terrace tickets online, just. But with a designated seat number sold to a verifiable name and card number the idea that there is an unmanageable security risk is nonsensical. Why on earth George Guest should have to watch the game on TV is beyond me.