Re: GRANDSTAND: West Ham on Sky

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:IF

Padraig had not missed that sitter
Howkins had not messed up that back pass.
Scott was not so slow
Josh had scored that great final chance.
We would of won 2-0

IF
I see where you're coming from but in my view West Ham had another gear which we simply didn't have. I say that not as a criticism, that's why they are Premier League and we are League 2.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:IF

Padraig had not missed that sitter
Howkins had not messed up that back pass.
Scott was not so slow
Josh had scored that great final chance.
We would of won 2-0

IF
I see where you're coming from but in my view West Ham had another gear which we simply didn't have. I say that not as a criticism, that's why they are Premier League and we are League 2.
Very much tongue in cheek Stan.
Totally different class altogether but still enjoyed the game

Percy plunkett wrote:The Lino on the Hazell was useless.There were three occasions in the first half when players were yards offside but he did nothing.The guy pulling a hammy saved us but,he was 5 yards off before he pulled up.Second half he flagged for every marginal decision but didn't flag for any foul right under his nose.
It's strange how many times County fans see the officials as being poor and anti County. Just on the Antonio incident where he pulled his hamstring, he was clearly onside.

I didn't see a single wrong offside decision tbh. I did see Diop manhandling attackers a few times but it was only his two hands on Amond in easily winning a header against him that I thought might have been a penalty. But him doing that was no different to Abrahams putting him on the floor before setting up Amond (and I still don't know if he was offside for that one, but he thought he was).

I had us down to lose 3-0 even before West Ham picked a side with half a team of potential starters and new players they haven't used yet. Antonio is rapid but manageable as he's mostly straight lines and as we saw, has had loads of injury problems, but I've seen Filipe Anderson take Premier League defences to pieces with both passes and dribbling, so that sub was the worst thing that could have happened so early, as they were forced to pick a starter they didn't want to use.

As for Howkins, so unlucky his definitely-not-a-backpass cannoned off his other leg - his first touch killed the through ball as he also stopped Fornals getting to Wilshere's pass, but his second deflected it from his right foot off his left heel as he was trying to adjust his kicking foot to pass it away towards the right wing/half way line (the direction he was facing) and Wilshere, who was running in for a wall pass from Fornals already poked the ball past Howkins and was away before anyone could react. At no point did he remotely look like he was playing any kind of back pass, and I've watched it about ten times on replays.

Howkins played really well the rest of the match including a couple of good attacking headers and a lot of defensive ones.

Townsend made a great save the third time we got sprung with a through ball too.

Just listened to some of the commentary from BBC 5 Live Sport. The commentator Alistair Bruce-Ball was very complementary, not so much summariser Mark Schwarzer.

ABB mentioned the imminent expulsion of Bury. He said that Newport were to a good example of how it is possible from a league side to come back from liquidation, although it did take 30 years (according to ABB). MS wasn't having it though, he said AFC Wimbledon was a far better example. ABB was also complementary about well the County had done in both league and cup in the last few seasons. He mentioned how well behaved the Hazell stand was, with everyone sitting down as soon as the game started. He also mentioned that he had met up with Amond in a coffee shop an hour before kick off.

Blackandamber wrote:Just listened to some of the commentary from BBC 5 Live Sport. The commentator Alistair Bruce-Ball was very complementary, not so much summariser Mark Schwarzer.

ABB mentioned the imminent expulsion of Bury. He said that Newport were to a good example of how it is possible from a league side to come back from liquidation, although it did take 30 years (according to ABB). MS wasn't having it though, he said AFC Wimbledon was a far better example. ABB was also complementary about well the County had done in both league and cup in the last few seasons. He mentioned how well behaved the Hazell stand was, with everyone sitting down as soon as the game started. He also mentioned that he had met up with Amond in a coffee shop an hour before kick off.
I would say he's right about the Don's league wise they have done better than us new ground soon and didn't take them long to get back to FL