Re: West Ham ticket.

Also Whoareya to have been there you'd need to be in your early fifties now at the very least.

I thought it pathetic that a twenty year old would write something as patently stupid as 'there's nothing worse than a snitch'. For a man in his 50's it beggers belief. Truly you must be the biggest loser on the planet.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Also Whoareya to have been there you'd need to be in your early fifties now at the very least.

I thought it pathetic that a twenty year old would write something as patently stupid as 'there's nothing worse than a snitch'. For a man in his 50's it beggers belief. Truly you must be the biggest loser on the planet.

Ah, lose the debate - change the subject and play the player, not the ball.

True to form.

Night night xxx

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote: I imagine we've been advised by Gwent's finest not to sell tickets on the day.
The club say they have made the decision on 'security advice'. Assuming that is accurate then no doubt your belief is correct.

My view.

Thank you Deputy Chief constable. However the job of the police is to uphold the law, not to tell law abiding companies and individuals how you would like us to behave.
And then we get slapped with a bigger bill to pay for the extra resources needed, as there's an increased risk of trouble due to the potential of West Ham fans getting in the home end.
Could it really be forty years ago, pay on the night available, 14,500 v West Ham and somehow we all survived?

Edit.

I do understand your concerns but we can't go through life looking at the worst case scenario. To eradicate all crowd trouble and run up no stewarding costs all you have to do is all games behind closed doors.

You can always search people on the way in, use CCTV, have sensible stewards. That's enough don't you think?
I wasn't around 40 years ago, so can't comment. A lot has happened since then though.

Also, they aren't my concerns. I couldn't give a shit if I was stood next to a West Ham fan. The police look at the worst case scenario though, as it's their job to do so, and work out a plan to prevent that happening. This time the plan was to take tickets off online sale once the away allocation was sold out. As it was with Plymouth, Man City, Tottenham, Leicester, Leeds etc.

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Also Whoareya to have been there you'd need to be in your early fifties now at the very least.

Ah, lose the debate - change the subject and play the player, not the ball.

True to form.

Night night xxx
Let me see.

I was at the game. I saw no trouble. I have never heard anyone claim before you that there was trouble at the West Ham Cup tie. There were TV cameras there, radio reporters there, local and national press there. There were no contemporaneous reports of violence at the game.

Were you there?

DT1892 wrote: I wasn't around 40 years ago, so can't comment. A lot has happened since then though.

Also, they aren't my concerns. I couldn't give a shit if I was stood next to a West Ham fan. The police look at the worst case scenario though, as it's their job to do so, and work out a plan to prevent that happening. This time the plan was to take tickets off online sale once the away allocation was sold out. As it was with Plymouth, Man City, Tottenham, Leicester, Leeds etc.
And that's my point. The job of the police is to keep the piece and uphold the law. It is not the job of the police to prevent people going about their lawful occasion because of what might happen in a worst case scenario.

Imagine if you will. Tomorrow morning you get up to go to work. As you get into your car you are stopped by PC Plod. Sorry

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
DT1892 wrote: I wasn't around 40 years ago, so can't comment. A lot has happened since then though.

And that's my point. The job of the police is to keep the piece and uphold the law. It is not the job of the police to prevent people going about their lawful occasion because of what might happen in a worst case scenario.

Imagine if you will. Tomorrow morning you get up to go to work. As you get into your car you are stopped by PC Plod. Sorry
You might disagree with the reasoning behind it, and while attitudes towards football fans is archaic, it's their job to ensure that football matches go off without a problem. After all, they have to deal with it if it kicks off. What about this has prevented you from going about your lawful business? Tickets were on sale (are now back on sale from 12pm tomorrow). It's just unfortunate that the first poster was on holiday beforehand.

As a teacher, whenever I plan a school trip I have to think of every possible worst case scenario so that we can have a plan for it. It's not because it's likely to happen, but to ensure that we reduce the chances of it as much as we can. Sometimes, it means that the students experience is limited somewhat. But their safety is the most important thing.

DT1892 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You might disagree with the reasoning behind it, and while attitudes towards football fans is archaic, it's their job to ensure that football matches go off without a problem. After all, they have to deal with it if it kicks off. What about this has prevented you from going about your lawful business? Tickets were on sale (are now back on sale from 12pm tomorrow). It's just unfortunate that the first poster was on holiday beforehand.

As a teacher, whenever I plan a school trip I have to think of every possible worst case scenario so that we can have a plan for it. It's not because it's likely to happen, but to ensure that we reduce the chances of it as much as we can. Sometimes, it means that the students experience is limited somewhat. But their safety is the most important thing.
Yes I agree with you if you just took the time to read what I write.

You are going off on a school trip. If the police tried to stop you on the basis that you might have an accident you would find that a gross intrusion into your freedom to teach.

By all means take proper precautions but don't waste your life doing nothing because all life has an element of risk.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:Yes, forty years since West Ham caused mayhem, climbing over the roof of the Cromwell End and dropping in to say hello.....
Sentimentality is useless when used to substantiate an opinion.

Searching people only restricts the use of weapons, nothing else. Stewarding and CCTV are generally reactive tools when something has or is occurring.

No West Ham didn't cause mayhem 40 years ago. It was about -20 that night. CCTV and effective stewarding deter the tiny minority of toe-rags and thankfully all decent fans snitch on the trouble makers.
Err, yes they did.

Why resort to lying to justify your opinion?
No they didn't.

Oddly HTV cameras were there that night at the Cromwell End. I remember this particularly because from the Cromwell End Plumley's great save looked much more routine.

Now if there had been mayhem that night I suppose I might not have seen it from my vantage point in the shed, but I rather think it would have been captured and commented on by HTV who had cameras there.

You really are a sad little man.
I was on the Cromwell that night Stan there was mayhem and a hell of lot more than 20 of them

quote="Stan A. Einstein"

No West Ham didn't cause mayhem 40 years ago. It was about -20 that night. CCTV and effective stewarding deter the tiny minority of toe-rags and thankfully all decent fans snitch on the trouble makers.[/quote]

Err, yes they did.

Why resort to lying to justify your opinion?[/quote]

No they didn't.

Oddly HTV cameras were there that night at the Cromwell End. I remember this particularly because from the Cromwell End Plumley's great save looked much more routine.

Now if there had been mayhem that night I suppose I might not have seen it from my vantage point in the shed, but I rather think it would have been captured and commented on by HTV who had cameras there.

You really are a sad little man.[/quote]

What a bizarre justification - it wasn't shown on HTV so it didn't happen? Hilarious.

So the people I know who were caught up against crash barriers were lying as well were they?

Stick to things you think you know about, rather than things you clearly know bugger all about.[/quote]

Stan, I was also in Shed that night, but there was definitely trouble at the Cromwell End. There was also reporting of it in the argus. It was sugessted at the time that Cardiff Fans were involved, whether that was true I have no idea, but I can confirm trouble.