Re: GRANDSTAND PLIMUFF

Was at the game. Plymouth shaded the first half but not by much - we couldn't have complained had we gone in 1 down. But second half was a different story - Abrahams changed the game with his pace and replacing the poor and ineffective Bennett, and Newport bossed it.

Haynes best player on the park by a mile, really impressed for the full 90; Sheehan was quiet but did ok, Amond never really in the game, otherwise everyone played well.

Plymouth looked lost in the second half - whatever Flynn asked of them at half time absolutely worked a treat and they had no answer. That said, I still expect them to be on a high perch come end of season - just too careless with the ball against us and did themselves no favours.

Went in expecting a point at best, delighted to come away with 3. Kudos to the Plymouth fans who attended in great numbers.

Linesman on Bisley side was absolute jokes.

njbh86 wrote:Was at the game. Plymouth shaded the first half but not by much - we couldn't have complained had we gone in 1 down. But second half was a different story - Abrahams changed the game with his pace and replacing the poor and ineffective Bennett, and Newport bossed it.

Haynes best player on the park by a mile, really impressed for the full 90; Sheehan was quiet but did ok, Amond never really in the game, otherwise everyone played well.

Plymouth looked lost in the second half - whatever Flynn asked of them at half time absolutely worked a treat and they had no answer. That said, I still expect them to be on a high perch come end of season - just too careless with the ball against us and did themselves no favours.

Went in expecting a point at best, delighted to come away with 3. Kudos to the Plymouth fans who attended in great numbers.

Linesman on Bisley side was absolute jokes.
I think you missed the point of Bennett’s role. He man marked their danger man Mayor out of the game first half. Far from ineffective.

Spot on. I had mentioned to friends in the pub, including a Plymouth supporter how Bennett had eliminated any threat from Mayor in our home game with Bury last season. I watched the duel carefully on Saturday. Bennett made Mayor play wider than he wanted to and his path towards our penalty area was shut down every time. Second half was on the Hazells side so not as clear, but I'm guessing Willmott just carried on in the same fashion.

njbh86 wrote:Fair point lads. I will say that when we had the ball he looked a step slow and behind the game, but I didn't spot the marking job he was doing so I'll stand corrected on that!
Everyone sees a game differently, it’s just my view. If you allow Mayor to cut in from the left and shoot with his right foot then he will score some belters, just like last night v Salford. I recall he hit the bar in similar fashion against us for Bury last season at RP. About the only thing he did that night thanks to Benno.
Mayor is surprisingly very one-footed, which Flynn seems to have worked out. Keeping Mayor on his left foot greatly reduces his impact. Surprised other clubs haven’t worked it out.