Re: GRANDSTAND PLIMUFF

Good afternoon
What a cracking game of Football and a truly superb performance by the lads.
Plymouth were a superb footballing side but we hung in there and got a great 3 points.
Can see Plymouth winning this league or maybe us.
King just had one save to make that's how good our defence was today.
Up front not so good same as Mansfield.
Labs was booked for dissent and I cannot blame him as crap free kick given.
Ref was good though.
Great atmosphere and 5000 in the ground on a lovely day
Superb 3 points.

King 7 1 cracking save required.
McNamarra 8 superb find
Micky ? Hope he is okay?
OB 7 Safe as houses
Howkins 8 For the goal.
Haynes 9 MOM for me.
Josh 6 Okay
Labs 8 Immense again
Scott 5 Slow and struggled.
Robbie 7 Did everything required.
Padraig 6 Not in the Game
Jamille 6 Likewise ran to little effect
Abrahams 8 Got to replace one of the above 2

Stats said we had 27% possession which seemed correct.
So what - 3 cracking points.
Well done Flynny and the lads
Brilliant.

ps Haynes long throws caused panic every time
When Micky comes back stick with Haynes

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Good afternoon
Plymouth were a superb footballing side but we hung in there and got a great 3 points.
Ref was good though.
Superb 3 points.

McNamarra 8 superb find
Micky ? Hope he is okay?
OB 7 Safe as houses
Howkins 8 For the goal.
Haynes 9 MOM for me.
Josh 6 Okay
Labs 8 Immense again

Brilliant.

Pretty much agree with most of that but I don’t think they (and certainly not us) will win the league but they are a quality football side and will definitely be up near the top all season..
Only rating I think you’re out on really was Josh Sheehan, he was my MotM and put in a really good shift.

Its early doors but Padraig seems way off the pace & Jamille seems to be chasing shadows and not dominating in the air.
Abrahams has pace so although its early in season maybe one needs a rest.
Regrettably I think its Jamille.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Good afternoon
Ref was good though.
Superb 3 points.

McNamarra 8 superb find
Micky ? Hope he is okay?
OB 7 Safe as houses
Howkins 8 For the goal.
Haynes 9 MOM for me.
Josh 6 Okay
Labs 8 Immense again

Brilliant.

Spot on !!!

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Its early doors but Padraig seems way off the pace & Jamille seems to be chasing shadows and not dominating in the air.
Abrahams has pace so although its early in season maybe one needs a rest.
Regrettably I think its Jamille.
Spot on again !!
And I'm not being childish !

Plymouth great footballing side and as the stats show dominated possession and fortunately no end product.
First half there was only going to be one winner and it was not County. We were well off the pace and our midfield were exposed only Labadie was coping Bennett was just not in the game and chasing shadows. At half time would have settled for a draw.
Second half unlike the Mansfield game County were more focused, competitive and closed down and pressed giving the Plymouth players much less space and time to exploit and to get into the danger zones. The Abrahams switch for Bennett played a big factor in this. Amond seemed to play in an attacking midfield role and with the added pace of Abrahams it disrupted the style of play that Plymouth have adopted with their centre backs playing from the back with calm, accurate and composed passing which sets up the offensive moves through midfield or to their wing backs. Without this time on the ball it was noticeable Danny Mayor was making mistake after mistake as were other key players because of the pressing game County were playing and frustration was growing amongst their team.
Sheehan was a different player second half with Labadie immense in the middle, our defence were rock solid throughout the game and the injury to possibly our best defender did not disrupt their performances. Haynes and McNamara were great defensively and offensively with Howkins and O'Brien limiting Plymouth to scraps to feed off.
My worry especially first half was how off the pace some individuals in the middle and upfront were.
Amond is the shadow of the player we saw last season and would start with Abrahams on Tuesday and Maloney for Bennett in midfield.
What is massive this season is the strength off the bench which now have game changers.

Terrific game and a great advert for League Two football. Very impressed with Plymouth - they are supposed to be promotion favourites along with Mansfield, but Mansfield seemed to be there for a fight as much as to play football and I hope that catches them out. I love it when there's an atmosphere of mutual respect on the pitch as there was yesterday.

Demetriou's injury did look bad but I was surprised the ref didn't stop the game because he was quite close to the pitch being treated behind the goal-line at the away end. Maybe I didn't have a very good angle on it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Haynes is an improvement on Butler, but given it looks like we would have had to offer Butler a three-year deal to stay (that's what Peterborough gave him) I think we have landed on our feet.

My impression at the time was that Labadie was booked for dissent rather than the foul itself. Matt probably got his card for repeated fouls, none of them particularly serious.

The goalkeeper kit looks like the prison uniforms in Paddington 2 after the incident with the washing machine and the red sock.

If Flynn was talking about bringing in another loan, it now has to be a CB to cover Demetriou rather than a striker, get Touray back to cover instead.

After a train journey to reflect on the match, I've reached the conclusion that maybe Plymouth weren't all that great. 75% possession and only three shots on target. If we produced those statistics this board would be hopping mad. I haven't looked at the Plymouth forum but I suspect they will condider it to be a poor performance. For twenty minutes we didn't get a look in and loads of away supporters' noise. Anyone else think how quiet they were getting as the second half played out? I was worried by Bennett being taken off. In the pub pre-match I was recalling the game against Bury last season when he completely snuffed out Danny Mayor. I watched that duel with interest and Bennett did the same again. I was worried that Mayor would take charge in the second half, but he was anonymous. Taylor and Telford retreated from our box and clogged up midfield meaning there was no threat up front. Argyle became less and less of a threat. We were so well organised in the second half that not having possession wasn't a problem. Argyle didn't ever get close to Sheehan to prevent the ball being worked up the field, they gave Haynes far too much space and Abrahams worried them to death. Overall we were much the better side. Great game to watch, even if it had stayed goalless.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Terrific game and a great advert for League Two football. Very impressed with Plymouth - they are supposed to be promotion favourites along with Mansfield, but Mansfield seemed to be there for a fight as much as to play football and I hope that catches them out. I love it when there's an atmosphere of mutual respect on the pitch as there was yesterday.

Demetriou's injury did look bad but I was surprised the ref didn't stop the game because he was quite close to the pitch being treated behind the goal-line at the away end. Maybe I didn't have a very good angle on it.

I wouldn't go so far as to say Haynes is an improvement on Butler, but given it looks like we would have had to offer Butler a three-year deal to stay (that's what Peterborough gave him) I think we have landed on our feet.

My impression at the time was that Labadie was booked for dissent rather than the foul itself. Matt probably got his card for repeated fouls, none of them particularly serious.

The goalkeeper kit looks like the prison uniforms in Paddington 2 after the incident with the washing machine and the red sock.

If Flynn was talking about bringing in another loan, it now has to be a CB to cover Demetriou rather than a striker, get Touray back to cover instead.

I agree with most of that , but surely we have enough centre backs, maybe depends how long Mickey is out

Thoroughly enjoyed the second half. Thought that it was an organised performance with grit and great team spirit. Impressed with Robbie's man-marking of Mayor in the second half. He reduced him to a nervous, ineffective performer. Abraham's pace was priceless in the second half. Delighted to have come away happy with the win and impressed with the level of the performance against a good side.
Desperately hope that Mickey D's injury isn't as serious as it appeared to be and credit to Plymouth's fans for joining in the applause for Mickey as he left on the stretcher.

geoffc wrote:Thoroughly enjoyed the second half. Thought that it was an organised performance with grit and great team spirit. Impressed with Robbie's man-marking of Mayor in the second half. He reduced him to a nervous, ineffective performer. Abraham's pace was priceless in the second half. Delighted to have come away happy with the win and impressed with the level of the performance against a good side.
Desperately hope that Mickey D's injury isn't as serious as it appeared to be and credit to Plymouth's fans for joining in the applause for Mickey as he left on the stretcher.
Very good point regarding Robbie
He gets far more criticism on here but is always happy to do the job Flynny asks him to do.
Mayor looked totally forlorn and at times couldn't even control the ball giving away throws to county.
Abrahams has to start Tuesday please.