Gus photo

It was 30 years today we played our first ever game at Moreton against Pegagus Juniors.The photo in the Gus was at the first training session at Whiteheads in Bassaleg.How many of the players can you name,you will have to be an anorak to name two in the front row.

Re: Gus photo

rncfc wrote:Without looking at the photo

Tony Bird
Robbie painter
Barrie vassallo
Graham Rogers
Normal parselle
Mike pratt
David jarvis
Chris lilygreen
John relish
Gary spink
Brian preece
No,this was preseason,Jarvo didn't sign until about the end of September.

Percy plunkett wrote:
rncfc wrote:Without looking at the photo

Tony Bird
Robbie painter
Barrie vassallo
Graham Rogers
Normal parselle
Mike pratt
David jarvis
Chris lilygreen
John relish
Gary spink
Brian preece
No,this was preseason,Jarvo didn't sign until about the end of September.
I was only 5 at the time, so have vague recollections of the season. My dad had broken his leg which turned out to be great timing as he was off work and we were able to get to a lot of the games.

I was in school with Robbie Painter , and also the other guy at the end of the front row , far left as you look at the photo , but can't for the life of me think of his name (surmame begins with "N" I think ?)
Don't think Vassalo is in the picture ?

Corpaboy wrote:I was in school with Robbie Painter , and also the other guy at the end of the front row , far left as you look at the photo , but can't for the life of me think of his name (surmame begins with "N" I think ?)
Don't think Vassalo is in the picture ?
Silent letter before the N.

WillieBrownofCounty wrote:Jason Knorz is the player on left. Played against him in Newport and District later on..
Well done,he only trained with us for a short while,as did the other lad on the photo.Neither stayed long enough for the friendlies.The other lad had been on trail at Bournemouth but couldn't have impressed Relo too much.