Re: GRANDSTAND: The Polish Capital City Match

Exile 1976 wrote:4pts return from two tough games in four days v Plymouth and Walsall is excellent.

Agree about midfield , without Labs we’re soft and definitely need to add another player with bite but whilst we can’t shift unwanted players like KMB I doubt there’s anything left in the pot for a player like that.
Think we have a couple on the books untried yet.
Not 100% sure of their postions though.

From an entertainment point of view Swindon and Lincoln away last season were great, we lost both games but the games were entertaining. I usually come away from a game thinking a few of the opposition players were decent, last night apart from the Walsall number 7 who was nothing more than busy nobody stood out for them meaning we totally nullified their influential players. For me it was job done and as I said earlier I think we'll play a few teams off the park as the season progresses.

SJG99 wrote:Frankly one of the most boring matches I've seen in years. Decent point though. Also some of the stupidest bookings I've seen in years too - and that's mainly a criticism of the players not the ref.
I think it was probably one of the most boring games I have ever seen, but when you consider Labs was injured , Wilmott had a knock as did Matt it was a great point.

I also think that the most pleasing aspect was the effort and pressing the team did to protect what we had. It indicates a good team spirit. Another solid performance from the two new full backs and Howkins can also only build confidence.

supporter wrote:From an entertainment point of view Swindon and Lincoln away last season were great, we lost both games but the games were entertaining. I usually come away from a game thinking a few of the opposition players were decent, last night apart from the Walsall number 7 who was nothing more than busy nobody stood out for them meaning we totally nullified their influential players. For me it was job done and as I said earlier I think we'll play a few teams off the park as the season progresses.
Please don't take this as a criticism. Just a different reaction.

No matter how good I have never enjoyed a game County lost. No matter how bad I have never failed to enjoy a game County won.

Stan the point I was making was we played well in both those games but we got beat therefore I didn't enjoy the games, but a lot of people are saying they were bored etc with the Walsall performance. What I saw Tuesday was a thoroughly professional performance where we didn't lose one battle and going into the last 10 minutes we were the only side who looked like winning it. We're difficult to beat and based on what I saw in the first 45 minutes against Mansfield will play some teams off the park.Tuesday night away to Walsall isn't the game to play open expansive football because you'll probably get beat. Massive away point.

supporter wrote:Stan the point I was making was we played well in both those games but we got beat therefore I didn't enjoy the games, but a lot of people are saying they were bored etc with the Walsall performance. What I saw Tuesday was a thoroughly professional performance where we didn't lose one battle and going into the last 10 minutes we were the only side who looked like winning it. We're difficult to beat and based on what I saw in the first 45 minutes against Mansfield will play some teams off the park.Tuesday night away to Walsall isn't the game to play open expansive football because you'll probably get beat. Massive away point.
Hi,

In which case we agree. There are those who enjoy good games in and of themselves which is fine. It's just not for me, or you.

That's it Stan and I can do that watching any other team, for example I enjoyed the Wolves Man Utd game but didn't care who won. My early impression generally is that there seems to be more emphasis in football about what teams do without the ball and we were clearly very well prepared on tuesday. Early days but I think teams will look at their fixture lists and go f@ck we got Newport next and that's going to be a battle, in addition to that we're a good footballing side. Undefeated against Mansfield, Plymouth and Walsall 3 of the favourites plus Cambridge who are going well, 3 clean sheets, I'm well happy with that.