Re: Easy fundraising

Not much over the last 30 days...Only £30

The club has raised £20,000+ thanks to donations from 473 supporters buying goods / services using the page.

So come on those not signed up / using it , I urge you all to use it and lets help the club you all say you love . It costs you nothing. There are FREE OFFERS that come up that make the club money , All you have to do is spare a few seconds to sign up for the deals...( eg ...sim cards)

Problem I have is that I use Amazon for my online requirements and it gives a pitiful 0.5% commission.
Spend £100 and the club get 50p.
My donation last 12 months comes to something like £2.
In the end I forget to tick the icon as its just pitiful.
Sure if anything worthwhile was purchased elsewhere I would be more than happy to tick the Icon.
I get reminders 3 or 4 times a week to purchase something but if you do not need anything its a bit of a waste of time.

Exile 1976 wrote:If everyone thought like that...

That £2 for the club that costs you nothing, whilst it may seem ‘pitiful’ to you, they all add up.
That's not what he said. He said the 0.5% was pitiful.

I usually get 10% for cash.

Now I'm sure that that which you said was unintentional. But it's important that people are quoted accurately.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

That £2 for the club that costs you nothing, whilst it may seem ‘pitiful’ to you, they all add up.
That's not what he said. He said the 0.5% was pitiful.

I usually get 10% for cash.

Now I'm sure that that which you said was unintentional. But it's important that people are quoted accurately.

Oh **** off Halligan. He clearly feels it’s pointless, “I forget to tick as it’s pitiful” and whilst I appreciate you feel the need to kiss his arse, he also states he would ‘tick’ it if it was ‘worthwhile’

Exile
The last total 30 days have added up to £80.
Its not going to do much for the club is it but happy to keep ticking the box.
£400 of purchases maybe 10/15 items raised £2
Its Amazon who are being miserly but what can you do about that.
£2 would by half a warm pint in a plastic cup under the Hazel.
Chipped in a fiver Saturday to a collection which will be going back into the club.
No idea what it was but happy to do that.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Exile
The last total 30 days have added up to £80.
Its not going to do much for the club is it but happy to keep ticking the box.
£400 of purchases maybe 10/15 items raised £2
Its Amazon who are being miserly but what can you do about that.
£2 would by half a warm pint in a plastic cup under the Hazel.
Chipped in a fiver Saturday to a collection which will be going back into the club.
No idea what it was but happy to do that.

Not an amazing amount but every little helps, muc.

It won't happen but they should put a big bin inside the gate and everyone could chuck in what they wanted.
Shrapnel/£1 coins or whatever.
That would make a good few bob.
Cannot remember who said it but a contributor before we lost the RP shop was going to put a collection box for all foreign coins as he had an outlet for them.
No idea what happened in the end.
Hopefully we do not need a cash injection currently though.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:It won't happen but they should put a big bin inside the gate and everyone could chuck in what they wanted.
Cannot remember who said it but a contributor before we lost the RP shop was going to put a collection box for all foreign coins as he had an outlet for them.

I agree with that. Even if we ‘only’ made a tenner a time it’s more, needed money in the club’s coffers.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:It won't happen but they should put a big bin inside the gate and everyone could chuck in what they wanted.
I made a suggestion about a schrapnel box some time ago. If everyone chucked their spare change in a sealed bin I'm pretty sure we would get some good coins back. These could then be sold on eBay for a profit for the club. If you know what coins to look for, we could make quite a bit of cash.