Sponsored bike ride

Hi guys. Hope you don't mind me putting this on here. I'm doing a 225 mile bike ride at the end of october from Rodney Parade to Colchester ahead of our fixture with them on sat 26th. The ride is to help raise funds for the Newport County supporters Trust. The initial aim is to raise £500 but hopefully with your help we can go beyond that. The ride has the backing of the club and a justgiving page was set up on thursday of last week. So far £160 has been pledged. The ride will be done over two and a half days with overnight stops at Abingdon and Bishop Stortford. Anyone wanting to join me on all or part of the journey are very welcome. All donations are much appreciated. There is a link to the justgiving page on the official club website, The Newport County facebook page and also on The Newport County Trust website. I will attempt to place a link on here but i'm not good with technolgy. If you could share on facebook that would be very helpful. Remember all monies go directly to our club. Thank you

Re: Sponsored bike ride

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Cozy. Great idea and gesture, well done.

I'm originally from Abingdon - have you planned your overnight stay there yet? I have a cycling and football enthusiastic mate who lives in Abingdon who may be able to put you up for the night if you haven't sorted things yet?

Best wishes
Hi DeePee....Thanks for your response. I've booked through airbnb to stay in Harwell close in the Northcourt area. You probably know the area. Hopefully i can get a good meal nearby. Cheers

Re: Sponsored bike ride

Thought i'd bump this back up with just 8 days to go. Training going fine. No niggles or injuries. Weather forecast for the ride looking fairly mild and mostly dry. We've reached just over £400 of our initial target so far. Once again, if anyone wants to join me on all or part of the route they are very welcome. Starting at Rodney parade next thursday the 24th at 8am heading to Abingdon then day 2 heading to Bishop Stortford via Thame, Princes risbrough winding my way across to Essex via Hatfield in Herts. Final (short) day will see me arrive in Colchester between 1-2pm. Thanks for the generous donations so far. Further donations can be made via the link above alson on facebook and the Newport County supporters trust...Thank you for reading.