Re: Rodney Parade Bars - Cashless

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Stan, I don’t think this is (just) about age. I’m in my 30s, I trust the technology and know how to use it. I just prefer not to, because I know my wages last longer when I physically have to hand money over to pay for something rather than just waving a card.

It stands to reason why businesses want to force us all to use tech - it reduces their costs and potentially increases their turnover because people are psychologically more likely to spend more. But that doesn’t mean that this is a Good Thing.

The delays in serving people on matchday are mainly due to the time it takes to pull a pint, not due to giving people change (many of us have the exact money ready anyway to save time), so I’m not convinced this will benefit fans in any meaningful sense. We’re being given a worse service, by having the number of payment options reduced, with no tangible benefit.
Get yourself a second account (eg Monzo, can send you a referral link if you want to PM me) and put your spending money in that. You get a contactless card, a phone app to monitor your account, some free overseas cashpoint withdrawals and you don't get charged for overseas purchases. They also do savings pots and stuff like "round up" savings.

As for the service at RP, there's so much waste in their processes, any decent business analyst could fix it in a few hours of testing with a bit of gemba and a load of lean.