Re: EXILES GRANDSTAND- Northampton Away.

I was there and that was a dreadful performance.

Let's work on the assumption that Flynny is not going ....

We were poor at Walsall, it was an awful game. It seems from contributors on here that we weren't too clever in our last 3 home games although we won them all 1-0. Again certain contributors suggested they would rather win or draw playing as we are / were than playing like we did at Lincoln last season. Don't include me in that.

If we play like this we will lose and draw more than we win. We don't create enough. Podge is a star of recent seasons but can someone tell me what he contributed today. For me he needs a rest.

A glimmer of hope for me is that Poleon and Whitely may provide more chances up front with Abrahams.

Defensively we are fine ( not great today though ) but we need to create more.

If Flynn does go, what chances Mr Pulis coming along? Only being semi serious there.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:So weird that professional footballers will act so inept due to management changes
FFS no pride in your club.
No thought for those that were at the game.
Bit harsh there harps. They're human. Obviously Flynn has played a huge part in the atmosphere around the club and in the dressing room. Most of the players are here, or stayed here, for Flynn. Only natural that their heads might not be 100% with all this speculation. I don't think any of them would be happy with their performance.

I wont blame the lads for today - with a new manager about to step through the door their lives could be changing so its understandable if they were not 100% on it.

I’m more disappointed that the likes of Lincoln have turned our managers head. No offence but Lincoln? League 1 but so what? They’ve passed us on the way down and back since 2013.

And I thought Mike wanted to get us promoted - “we’re in this together” - but I guess money talks.

It wont be any better there Mike. No other manager in the country knows Newport like you do.

Stay and finish the job.

Mr Figo wrote:Absolute madness if he goes in my book. It just doesn't tick all the boxes for career progression. The last two managers who left us and went up a division, with promotions under their belts, ended up managing back in the Conference and below.
Regardless , I don’t want a manager that doesn’t want to be here despite his achievements. He’s flirted with every club that’s showed interest.

Morganrum wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:Absolute madness if he goes in my book. It just doesn't tick all the boxes for career progression. The last two managers who left us and went up a division, with promotions under their belts, ended up managing back in the Conference and below.
Regardless , I don’t want a manager that doesn’t want to be here despite his achievements. He’s flirted with every club that’s showed interest.
Good point. I like the “ if you don’t want to f¥ck me, f¥ck off “ attitude :grin: I honestly don’t know whether what you assert is true regarding his flirting with previous offers but if that’s the case then yes, the sooner it’s sorted the better. We know it’s all down to £££££’s in football but tbh I really don’t see this as such a great move for Flynn, career-wise or even geographically for that matter. What upsets me is that we looked like we might have had a good season and candidly he’s been great for us but he still has no promotion to his name so would have been a more credible candidate for a big job if he had imho.

Morganrum wrote:
What are you talking about! We have had the best start to a season for years a disrespectful post

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Morganrum wrote:
What are you talking about! We have had the best start to a season for years a disrespectful post
Jim I agree we have had the best start for years. I also think that Flynn has done nothing wrong. But to say that he has flirted with other clubs is in my view a legitimate opinion to hold and again in my opinion accurate. .

UPTHEPORT wrote:Where has Flynny flirted with other clubs
There is bound to be speculation when League 1 jobs come around about Flynn. There are only two viable responses.

a) I'm not going anywhere. I am manager of Newport County and intend to see out my contract.

b) It's always flattering when.........

And flirting isn't jumping into bed for a night of unbridled passion, flirting is hinting that that you don't rule out the possibility.