Re: EXILES GRANDSTAND- Northampton Away.

Flynn and certain key players could be on the cusp of becoming the Len Ashurst, Richard Walden and Keith Oakes of this generation, not to mention the Kevin Moore or Tommy Tynan of the moment. Achieve promotion to EFL Div 1, and, on top of the great escape, their place in the history of Newport (not just Newport County) is assured.

Flynn is still a relative newcomer to management and what a job he has done of it. He’s 38 and is improving year on year. There is time to deliver what he set out to do with Newport County and then move on to other challenges. I would say to him, give it everything this season, write your name in the folklore of the place you were born. Ensure that the youngsters of Newport are still in awe of your achievements in 40 years time, just like those of Ashurst, Walden, Oakes, Moore, Tynan and Aldridge.

Please stay.

wattsville_boy wrote:I think the ‎Dino Maamria link is a bit of a red herring. It is entirely possible that discussions were regarding coming in and sorting out the Academy structure. An appointment is needed fairly quick, he has experience in this sphere at a much higher level and he could be someone that Flynn feels he can work with.
Flynn will be gone though?
We do not need the fella anywhere near our players.
Was happy to work with an idiot in Westley as his sidekick..

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I think the ‎Dino Maamria link is a bit of a red herring. It is entirely possible that discussions were regarding coming in and sorting out the Academy structure. An appointment is needed fairly quick, he has experience in this sphere at a much higher level and he could be someone that Flynn feels he can work with.
I was merely putting forward a situation for why Maamria could be at the game but in relation to a managerial vacancy which may or may not be available soon.

I does seem as if a culture of bullying was rife at Stevenage during Westley's era if the allegations are believed.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
I was merely putting forward a situation for why Maamria could be at the game but in relation to a managerial vacancy which may or may not be available soon.

I does seem as if a culture of bullying was rife at Stevenage during Westley's era if the allegations are believed.