Re: Academy manager

Jack - Admin wrote:
pembsexile wrote:I'm not sure what there is to be afraid of, but today, on this thread, posts from Supporter, Oldster, County 1959, Taunt70 and Jon D have all been removed. That is pretty epic compared to any other posts that have been removed on other threads.
We're playing the usual tightrope game of "is it libel? should it be on here?" game of trying to play both sides. This reaction conditioned in us likely in-part due to the recent Brendan vs. Are they / Aren't they Multiple Accounts against me battle. Apologies.

Though in terms of liability of statement, it lies solely upon the shoulders of the service user and not the service provider. As is the case with all other social media platforms.

In terms of how we deal with things currently (there's but two of us doing this..) Willthiswork typically moves threads into a moderation review section for re-instatement later on. Call it damage control or some such.

You are all more than welcome to discuss this further via private messaging.
That's fair enough Jack and I understand the situation you are in. I do note now though that the posts that I said had been removed have now been reinstated. Excellent, but I do question the need for a 'moderation review section'. However, that is in your remit.

One thing though, a poster on this thread yesterday suggested that by way of monitoring IP addresses, three posters on this thread use a different user name and are all the same person. People on here have been banned for that in the past. Why can't we have that general amnesty I mentioned some time ago?

As you have suggested, I will private message you later.

Edit. I note that the original post from taunt 70 has not been reinstated however. This is the one where he alleged that there were three different user names for one person. If he is correct why is it allowed that one person gets to use three user names and why hasn't his post been reinstated? All the others were.

pembsexile wrote:
Jack - Admin wrote:
pembsexile wrote:I'm not sure what there is to be afraid of, but today, on this thread, posts from Supporter, Oldster, County 1959, Taunt70 and Jon D have all been removed. That is pretty epic compared to any other posts that have been removed on other threads.
We're playing the usual tightrope game of "is it libel? should it be on here?" game of trying to play both sides. This reaction conditioned in us likely in-part due to the recent Brendan vs. Are they / Aren't they Multiple Accounts against me battle. Apologies.

Though in terms of liability of statement, it lies solely upon the shoulders of the service user and not the service provider. As is the case with all other social media platforms.

In terms of how we deal with things currently (there's but two of us doing this..) Willthiswork typically moves threads into a moderation review section for re-instatement later on. Call it damage control or some such.

You are all more than welcome to discuss this further via private messaging.
That's fair enough Jack and I understand the situation you are in. I do note now though that the posts that I said had been removed have now been reinstated. Excellent, but I do question the need for a 'moderation review section'. However, that is in your remit.

One thing though, a poster on this thread yesterday suggested that by way of monitoring IP addresses, three posters on this thread use a different user name and are all the same person. People on here have been banned for that in the past. Why can't we have that general amnesty I mentioned some time ago?

As you have suggested, I will private message you later.

Edit. I note that the original post from taunt 70 has not been reinstated however. This is the one where he alleged that there were three different user names for one person. If he is correct why is it allowed that one person gets to use three user names and why hasn't his post been reinstated? All the others were.
Fair challenge Pembs and I can explain in more detail in PM. My door is always open.

What I can say is that we are and have moved away from deleting messages all together and simply move posts for review so as to govern by consensus rather than by individual interpretation or biases.

The IP address issue I have covered in the past and is a bit of a long explanation but more than happy, as previously mentioned, to explain in granular detail via message.

Just like to point out that on this thread I went along with taunt70 suggestion that three posters on this very thread were all the same person. I was wrong. He deduced this from tracing ISP addresses. With my limited information I believed it. I now have further information and know that this is not correct. I stand corrected. Live and learn.

pembsexile wrote:Just like to point out that on this thread I went along with taunt70 suggestion that three posters on this very thread were all the same person. I was wrong. He deduced this from tracing ISP addresses. With my limited information I believed it. I now have further information and know that this is not correct. I stand corrected. Live and learn.
As President Abraham Lincoln said, "Don't believe everything you read on the internet."