Re: If Flynn goes, who would you like?

Pirates wrote:Not sure that Amond or pipe have the required coaching certifications to become a manager.
I just hope they do not go for a manager who has been fired four or five times and has a pot of gold in the bank .
We need a Good young one with a mortgage and two children with a pregnant wife and has shown promise in lower leagues .
There must be a few around ??
A good catholic then ? :grin: What about a good ‘un who’s a Jaffa? He could be an ambitious Jaffa, a tangerine perhaps? What’s that guy’s wife been doing showing promise in the lower leagues? The mind boggles.

Pirates wrote:Not sure that Amond or pipe have the required coaching certifications to become a manager.
I just hope they do not go for a manager who has been fired four or five times and has a pot of gold in the bank .
We need a Good young one with a mortgage and two children with a pregnant wife and has shown promise in lower leagues .
There must be a few around ??
I don't think he fits your list of requirements but Sol Campbell would work his socks off to fulfil his ambition to build a successful management career. That's if we had to look out. First of all we should look in and try to get Hats to stay and take over.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:Hang on ..... no fecker has gone anywhere yet ?
Surely if he's going , an announcement after today's game would've been sensible ?
Let's wait and see , shall we .....
And likewise if he were staying an announcement might have been sensible too. Don't ya think? :wink:
How many teams do you know who announce their Manager is staying?

Re: Why not Sol Campbell

No affinity with Newport, done next to nothing as a manager.

I was parked at RP the day Butcher was introduced to the crowd before starting work. Swept into the car park in a Range Rover with personalised plates, his no. 2 soon after.

I thought "Nope, this isn't going to work". Gave them the benefit of the doubt as always once they started but not surprised it ended in tears. I just got a whiff of it being all about what we could do for them rather than the other way round. I suspect once you have been as big a star as Butcher and Campbell it's hard to shake that off inside your on head.

George Street-Bridge wrote:No affinity with Newport, done next to nothing as a manager.

I was parked at RP the day Butcher was introduced to the crowd before starting work. Swept into the car park in a Range Rover with personalised plates, his no. 2 soon after.

I thought "Nope, this isn't going to work". Gave them the benefit of the doubt as always once they started but not surprised it ended in tears. I just got a whiff of it being all about what we could do for them rather than the other way round. I suspect once you have been as big a star as Butcher and Campbell it's hard to shake that off inside your on head.
At the time you wrote that Hibs supporters might be against Butcher because they were motivated by sectarianism. I asked you to withdraw that remark as I found it offensive. You refused citing the fact that Hibs had some sectarian fans. As I recall you even posted up a article showing that sectarianism existed in Scotland.

Using your logic. Some white people are racist against people of colour. You are white and Sol Campbell is black. It would therefore follow that it is legitimate to suggest that your views on Campbell may be an indication that you are a racist.

To make such a suggestion would be crass in the extreme and I do not suggest this is the case. Reflecting on this, could I now invite you to withdraw your offensive slurs on the Hibs fans you maligned?

I wouldn’t be totally against Sol Campbell if MF went, but it was generally accepted that the good work at Macc last season was done by his Assistant ( I cant remember who it was). So IF MF went & Sol came, he had better bring his Assistant Manager. BTW James Collins as player-manager anyone? Anything’s better than Dino ******* Maamria!