McCoulsky

Gone from FGR to Bromley on loan.....

WTF has gone wrong with his game recently that he has had to drop into the National League to play. I would have thought he would have been playing at League 1 level at least.
Gutted he went to the Vegans and not us to be honest as I could see a good player in there with the right coaching..

Also why is Bakinson still playing for the Bristol City u23's ? I would have liked MF to sign him on loan for this season if he could have as he too had potential to play at our level at the very least for another season. Playing at such a level as the U23's at his stage of his career will set him back IMO . He needs to be playing regularly at League 1 or 2 level to progress

Re: McCoulsky

County ranger wrote:Give Abrahams any day over McCoulsky another player who is remembered for one goal rather his all round contribution.
Bakinson no thanks cost us the play off final with his defending / positioning.
Spot on.

Legend for that goal against leeds but wouldn't get a look in here now.

Bakinson got time to learn.

He cant be loaned out to a league 2 club at this point of the season and you can loan to non league for a month.

He's a great finisher but in my opinion doesn't offer enough when starting. He should score plenty in national league.

gazza wrote: Tyreeq? Do me a favour - cost us every time he played. Only his agent rates him really.
Apart from the numerous times in the first 3 months his ability to hold up the ball and retain the ball in midfield stopped the opposition from constantly launching attacks at us. Which is exactly what we need now to take the sting out of games instead of just launching it back to the opposition.

He did fall out of favour when Labadie came back though, which isn't that surprising.

SJG99 wrote:
gazza wrote: Tyreeq? Do me a favour - cost us every time he played. Only his agent rates him really.
Apart from the numerous times in the first 3 months his ability to hold up the ball and retain the ball in midfield stopped the opposition from constantly launching attacks at us. Which is exactly what we need now to take the sting out of games instead of just launching it back to the opposition.

He did fall out of favour when Labadie came back though, which isn't that surprising.
Nothing to do with labs.
For the first 10 or so games he was superb MOM many times then his form got worse and worse ending up as a total liability.
Couldn't put a pass together let alone keep the ball.
He would mess up, loose the ball and then fail to even chase back.
Dreadful in the end and a shame to be honest.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

Nothing to do with labs.
For the first 10 or so games he was superb MOM many times then his form got worse and worse ending up as a total liability.
You're suggesting that the return of a senior player who played a similar position with a similar skillset didn't have any effect on his performances or ability to get selected regularly? I think that's unlikely, Bakinson only played 3 games after 16th February, Labadie only 5 appearances before that date. There was clearly a feeling the short ball-playing midfielder role was taken.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

Nothing to do with labs.

Hold up the ball? Bloke was terrified of the thing. I dont wish him any harm, just wishing we never see him again.

SJG99 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:

Nothing to do with labs.
You're suggesting that the return of a senior player who played a similar position with a similar skillset didn't have any effect on his performances or ability to get selected regularly? I think that's unlikely, Bakinson only played 3 games after 16th February, Labadie only 5 appearances before that date. There was clearly a feeling the short ball-playing midfielder role was taken.
Sorry but you haven't got a clue.
Similar skill set.
That's ridiculous.
The fella just played poorly, lost the ball regularly and was not interested.
I cannot think of many midfielders so diss similar as Bakinson & Labs.
was used as a sub many times and was dire each occasion.
Maybe he will make it one day but gave the impression he was too good for us, the opposite being the truth.

Bakinson was a young lad playing without fear when he first came to us. He put in some excellent performances, carrying the game to the opposition. I didn’t see any indication that he felt he was too good for our level. If anything he lost confidence over the season and his form dipped as a result.