Meanwhile in non league

Newport County natter & football chatter.
User

lowandhard

Peoples Republic of Malpas

Re: Meanwhile in non league

Postby lowandhard » October 18th, 2019, 5:10 pm

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
njbh86 wrote:I for one am appalled that you would make light of this sort of thing rncfc.

I was hoping I would be able to do that first.

:grin: We’re all enjoying this thread aren’t we? As the German ambassador wittingly said a few years ago when watching England lose on tv “ you English have a word for it , Schadenfreude “ :lol:

Virtually every language has a word unique to that language. Usually it is for a feeling or action that can be described in a sentence but not a single word. It is said that this can sum up a national characteristic. Thus the word Schadenfreude is only found in German. There is no single word in any language that corresponds. The French having sabotage. Same rules, you can describe it in a sentence but not accurately in a single word. There is an English word which follows the same rule. That word is smug.

“ selbtsgefällig “ auf Deutsch :grin: 8)

If you are determined to go into German compound words I zink you are a scheinehund. Unt for you ze war iz over.

:lol: When I this post read, was I myself totally p!ssing :lol:
no avatar
User

ref23

Postby ref23 » October 30th, 2019, 11:39 am

Lost again last night, becoming firmly entrenched in the relegation zone at the moment.

Should we loan them some players? Surely Keanu and some of the others not likely to feature would be quite keen to go and play for a decent club?
no avatar
User

excessbee

Postby excessbee » October 30th, 2019, 12:29 pm

It isn't getting any easier for them. Their next two league matches are against Bromley and Yeovil (1st and 3rd). The slight consolation is that they are both home games. Away from home Wrexham have managed just three draws in ten matches.
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » October 30th, 2019, 12:52 pm

This just gets better and better :cheers:
no avatar
User

neilcork68

Postby neilcork68 » October 30th, 2019, 1:25 pm

UPTHEPORT wrote:This just gets better and better :cheers:

If this keeps up the locals will be chewing their finger nails in worry

All 12 of them :wink:
no avatar
User

njbh86

Postby njbh86 » October 30th, 2019, 3:34 pm

neilcork68 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:This just gets better and better :cheers:

If this keeps up the locals will be chewing their finger nails in worry

All 12 of them :wink:

eyyyyyyy
no avatar
User

DT1892

Postby DT1892 » October 30th, 2019, 5:52 pm

excessbee wrote:It isn't getting any easier for them. Their next two league matches are against Bromley and Yeovil (1st and 3rd). The slight consolation is that they are both home games. Away from home Wrexham have managed just three draws in ten matches.

They've got an even bigger game in between those two as well, away to Rangers Under-21s in the Challenge Cup! Might be able to nick it on penalties if they're lucky. :cheers:
Previous