Re: Meanwhile in non league

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Apart from the County I will always side with the Underdog.
Again apart from a Welsh club playing anybody else.
Irrespective Cardiff, Swans, Wrexham, Merthyr, etc etc
Interesting mate. I am intrigued by Welsh fans affinity or lack of it with other Welsh clubs, me included. The underdog tag doesn’t enter into it for me.

Cardiff are just Cardiff, but I wish the Jacks well. However, the thread is about Wrexham, so, for me there are two issues;

One is their sense of entitlement that they appeared to try to use against us at Wembley. Sour.

The other is the media. In their pursuit of apparent fairness the BBC go out of their way to show that they give good coverage to our friends in the North. This often works against us and gets on my nerves.

Also for what it is worth, I have mentioned this before, but when we do play them we get the derby garbage. It ain’t no derby. FGR v Crewe (similar distance) wouldn’t be seen as a derby so why should ours. Rant over.
Hello mate.
Its all about opinions apart from one character on this thread who seems to have lost the plot. :roll:
Have always supported the underdog in any sport not just Football but Rugby, Cricket even Horse Racing.
Great to see a 66-1 win a race.
Just me, all harmless fun.
Can see the frustration with BBC Wales but to me they are another club struggling to get back to where they belong in the EFL.
Would love to see Hereford get back one day also. Not the same tradition but still part Welsh. :lol:

All the best.
Frank just to say '...back to where they belong in the EFL' - I think you could lose ' where they belong in' -many of the leagues below the EFL are littered with ex league sides - they are where they are for good reason. Alternatively, '...think they belong' - there is no God given right.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
rncfc wrote:All I hope is that they learn from previous lessons, and Bryan Hughes is given the whole season to try and turn things around. Sacking managers never works.
I'm with you on this brother :grin: stick with him :twisted:
I’m with both of you on this too. Let’s hope they stick with him and they struggle for the rest of the season. If they carry on this poor form I can only see one outcome though :cry:

UPTHEPORT wrote:So harps https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... e-49823006

All us Welsh fans should unite behind each other just like the english fans

You really don't get it do you there is rivalry in football always has been always will
Never been in a scrap in my life. That's 70 years now thank goodness.
Only 3 Welsh sides in EFL more the merrier not interested in all the crap you just highlighted.
As are probably 95% of every clubs decent fans.
We all want best for our club but cannot see any point in the heated vitriol being stated.

Spot on FN3,
Often amuses me how we hear "Welsh fans" & "English Fans" when discussing such as present topic, Why not just "football fans"?
Good to see Welsh Dragon flag at County matches. Should be proud. Likewise as an English supporter Im sure if I were to bring a St George's flag with Newport on it would be just as relevant

Fourthousand wrote: Frank just to say '...back to where they belong in the EFL' - I think you could lose ' where they belong in' -many of the leagues below the EFL are littered with ex league sides - they are where they are for good reason. Alternatively, '...think they belong' - there is no God given right.
Yes, a brief perusal of the National league and its feeders begins to look like the old division 4. Teams are where they are for good reason as you say, some are there because of monetary cockups, others for the very good football reason that they didn’t amass enough points over a season and are continuing to fail to do so just like the occupants of Y Cae Ras.

It seems that just like some fans here, some Wrecsam fans are railing against the Trust model as the cause of their continued failure and hoping for the moneybags owner to arrive like a Santa Claus in football boots. They seem to forget why they are run by a Trust and just why they are where they are. All I can say is that at least now they can’t sell off bits of their stadium and grounds because they have it on a long generous lease, they should observe the old Chinese proverb “ fear what you desire most “.

mad norm wrote:Spot on FN3,
Often amuses me how we hear "Welsh fans" & "English Fans" when discussing such as present topic, Why not just "football fans"?
Good to see Welsh Dragon flag at County matches. Should be proud. Likewise as an English supporter Im sure if I were to bring a St George's flag with Newport on it would be just as relevant
Norm, you'll be pleased to know that there is at least one St. George's Cross at most County games. I think that the most regular one carries an 'English Exiles' slogan