Re: Meanwhile in non league

George Street-Bridge wrote:I'm afraid my musical tastes were set for life when I was about 20!
I did wonder whether I should write this as you might think I'm taking the p!ss. I'm not this isn't sarcasm.

When I was twenty I listened almost exclusively to Irish traditional music. Which I loved. Now at 62 I have in the intervening four decades discovered Brahms, Beethoven, Dvorak and Schubert. I really enjoy the great American songbook and some jazz.

I still love trad', I always will. Seriously try opening up to music you don't necessarily think you will be interested in. It is a world as an innocent pleasure. It would be a shame if anyone, yourself included, missed out on it.

Re: Meanwhile in non league

UPTHEPORT wrote:So harps https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-h ... e-49823006

All us Welsh fans should unite behind each other just like the english fans

You really don't get it do you there is rivalry in football always has been always will
Lol. I was in the away end for that game, some of the Saints fans were even scared of some of the other Saints fans. The Stone Island nobbers were out in force from both sides. Policing was superb, even got to be driven down the wrong side of a few of the roads to the ground, completely safe the way we went in, but stewards in the ground were absolute cack, letting a pile of latecomers all stand in the aisle all in the first entrance they came to, which as a result was massively overcrowded and incredibly dangerous. Fantastic atmosphere though.

FWIW when Portsmouth played Cardiff in the 2008 FA Cup Final I had to pick who I wanted to lose least. If County had been back in the League at that time and Saints not about to get relegated to League One my answer might have been different. For me that is The FA Cup Final That Never Happened and even now I haven't seen a second of anything that happened after the final whistle.

Pretty much only Cardiff v Swansea is close to the enmity of Saints v Portsmouth, I wouldn't mind us building a big old rivalry with Wrexham, even if it is a bit daft, it beats Forest Green, everyone hates them...