Re: Meanwhile in non league

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:
njbh86 wrote:I for one am appalled that you would make light of this sort of thing rncfc.

I was hoping I would be able to do that first.
:grin: We’re all enjoying this thread aren’t we? As the German ambassador wittingly said a few years ago when watching England lose on tv “ you English have a word for it , Schadenfreude “ :lol:
Virtually every language has a word unique to that language. Usually it is for a feeling or action that can be described in a sentence but not a single word. It is said that this can sum up a national characteristic. Thus the word Schadenfreude is only found in German. There is no single word in any language that corresponds. The French having sabotage. Same rules, you can describe it in a sentence but not accurately in a single word. There is an English word which follows the same rule. That word is smug.
“ selbtsgefällig “ auf Deutsch :grin: 8)
If you are determined to go into German compound words I zink you are a scheinehund. Unt for you ze war iz over.
:lol: When I this post read, was I myself totally p!ssing :lol:

excessbee wrote:It isn't getting any easier for them. Their next two league matches are against Bromley and Yeovil (1st and 3rd). The slight consolation is that they are both home games. Away from home Wrexham have managed just three draws in ten matches.
They've got an even bigger game in between those two as well, away to Rangers Under-21s in the Challenge Cup! Might be able to nick it on penalties if they're lucky. :cheers:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
rncfc wrote:
rncfc wrote:They play Ebbsfleet at the weekend. Lose and they are likely to be bottom given Chorley's recent resurgence.
As suggested, they are now bottom. I also had Ebbsfleet in my treble and won a tidy sum out of their misery.

The taste of their tears is so sweet.
Fantastic :grin:
Even better, it was your Ladbrokes free bet post that inspired me to place the bet in the first place. Hadn't bothered for a while.