Re: Meanwhile in non league

Personally, unless we're playing them on any particular occasion, I want to see Cardiff, Swansea, Wrexham & Merthyr attain the highest placings possible, as soon as possible....though not at the EXPENSE of Newport or QPR obviously, but in general terms, I wish them all well.
QPR winning the Championship title, with Cardiff & Swansea as the other two promoted teams would suit me just fine.

newgroundrodney wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:I was just wondering wondering what triggered it.
I want to see all other welsh teams progress, as long as it doesn't affect my own two teams.....
It's one of the strange things about football. I must have seen hundreds of games as a 'neutral' but for some reason or other I always end up wanting one of the sides to win.

Why when it's Bishop's Stratford v Ware I should give a toss one way or another is a complete mystery to me.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: It's one of the strange things about football. I must have seen hundreds of games as a 'neutral' but for some reason or other I always end up wanting one of the sides to win.
Same here. If I'm waiting at traffic lights and there's a game of football happening in the park next to me, for the ten seconds I'm waiting I will be mentally cheering on one team or the other. Human nature, maybe?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Apart from the County I will always side with the Underdog.
Again apart from a Welsh club playing anybody else.
Irrespective Cardiff, Swans, Wrexham, Merthyr, etc etc
Millwall v Liverpool. Really? :grin:
Only if Millwall were below Liverpool in the league. :lol:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Apart from the County I will always side with the Underdog.
Interesting mate. I am intrigued by Welsh fans affinity or lack of it with other Welsh clubs, me included. The underdog tag doesn’t enter into it for me.

Cardiff are just Cardiff, but I wish the Jacks well. However, the thread is about Wrexham, so, for me there are two issues;

One is their sense of entitlement that they appeared to try to use against us at Wembley. Sour.

The other is the media. In their pursuit of apparent fairness the BBC go out of their way to show that they give good coverage to our friends in the North. This often works against us and gets on my nerves.

Also for what it is worth, I have mentioned this before, but when we do play them we get the derby garbage. It ain’t no derby. FGR v Crewe (similar distance) wouldn’t be seen as a derby so why should ours. Rant over.

A couple of years ago we were in Llangollen and got chatting to a couple of Wrexham fans, having introduced ourselves as County fans. Meanwhile our mate realised he'd left his wallet on the service bus we'd came on. One of the Wrexham fans started phoning around immediately because he knew most of the bus drivers. Wallet came in on the next bus circuit. Those boys could not have been more helpful and were genuine people who just wanted the best for their team. I can't think of Wrexham in a negative light now.

Ironsider wrote:
Do you want a medal?
This is a Football forum to give views.
You really have a problem..
This continual abuse is not normal.

pembsexile wrote:
Interesting mate. I am intrigued by Welsh fans affinity or lack of it with other Welsh clubs, me included. The underdog tag doesn’t enter into it for me.

Cardiff are just Cardiff, but I wish the Jacks well. However, the thread is about Wrexham, so, for me there are two issues;

One is their sense of entitlement that they appeared to try to use against us at Wembley. Sour.

The other is the media. In their pursuit of apparent fairness the BBC go out of their way to show that they give good coverage to our friends in the North. This often works against us and gets on my nerves.

Also for what it is worth, I have mentioned this before, but when we do play them we get the derby garbage. It ain’t no derby. FGR v Crewe (similar distance) wouldn’t be seen as a derby so why should ours. Rant over.
Hello mate.
Its all about opinions apart from one character on this thread who seems to have lost the plot. :roll:
Have always supported the underdog in any sport not just Football but Rugby, Cricket even Horse Racing.
Great to see a 66-1 win a race.
Just me, all harmless fun.
Can see the frustration with BBC Wales but to me they are another club struggling to get back to where they belong in the EFL.
Would love to see Hereford get back one day also. Not the same tradition but still part Welsh. :lol:

All the best.