Re: Meanwhile in non league

One comment said....... 'We've got a squad of squad players'.....
Very neat description for a struggling team. JBB gets slated just about every week. We knew he couldn't defend, sounds like being a league lower has made no difference. Don't know if Mark Harris is getting regular matches, but I'd have thought he would be fine at that level. I wonder if Cardiff see this as good for his progress.

I see wing-backs getting slated for not being able to defend all the time at all levels. Some people just don't seem to grasp that the role mainly involves you being at the wrong end of the pitch for a defender and also in front of the most obvious exploitable space on the pitch as a result. The centre-backs are usually responsible for defending that space, not the wing-back.

In short, just because they're saying he's rubbish doesn't mean he actually is, it could be their centre-backs who are rubbish (or both).

SJG99 wrote:I see wing-backs getting slated for not being able to defend all the time at all levels. Some people just don't seem to grasp that the role mainly involves you being at the wrong end of the pitch for a defender and also in front of the most obvious exploitable space on the pitch as a result. The centre-backs are usually responsible for defending that space, not the wing-back.

In short, just because they're saying he's rubbish doesn't mean he actually is, it could be their centre-backs who are rubbish (or both).
Part of the problem reading between the lines is that the previous manager was constantly tinkering both with the system and the personnel. Sometimes it’s just best to play people in the position they’re best at and stick to one formation the players understand. They had Flynn ( Brian :grin: ) as a caretaker manager perhaps they should have stuck with him for a while instead of plumping for somebody who’d left them before. Still, don’t give a flying one, if they go down they’ll deserve to like any club without enough points.

njbh86 wrote:I for one am appalled that you would make light of this sort of thing rncfc.

I was hoping I would be able to do that first.
:grin: We’re all enjoying this thread aren’t we? As the German ambassador wittingly said a few years ago when watching England lose on tv “ you English have a word for it , Schadenfreude “ :lol:

lowandhard wrote:
njbh86 wrote:I for one am appalled that you would make light of this sort of thing rncfc.

:grin: We’re all enjoying this thread aren’t we? As the German ambassador wittingly said a few years ago when watching England lose on tv “ you English have a word for it , Schadenfreude “ :lol:
Virtually every language has a word unique to that language. Usually it is for a feeling or action that can be described in a sentence but not a single word. It is said that this can sum up a national characteristic. Thus the word Schadenfreude is only found in German. There is no single word in any language that corresponds. The French having sabotage. Same rules, you can describe it in a sentence but not accurately in a single word. There is an English word which follows the same rule. That word is smug.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

Virtually every language has a word unique to that language. Usually it is for a feeling or action that can be described in a sentence but not a single word. It is said that this can sum up a national characteristic. Thus the word Schadenfreude is only found in German. There is no single word in any language that corresponds. The French having sabotage. Same rules, you can describe it in a sentence but not accurately in a single word. There is an English word which follows the same rule. That word is smug.
Good post. On the subject of a unique word to a language, I would suggest for Wrexham the Welsh word 'hiraeth'. My interpretation of the word to English is a combination of belonging, a longing, wanting, nostalgia, homesickness and even love for. In their case of course for the EFL. An unfrequented hiraeth of course.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

“ selbtsgefällig “ auf Deutsch :grin: 8)

lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

If you are determined to go into German compound words I zink you are a scheinehund. Unt for you ze war iz over.

lowandhard wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

If you are determined to go into German compound words I zink you are a scheinehund. Unt for you ze war iz over. :grin:

Or should I have written that the VAR is over?