Re: Grandstand - Swindon Town away

We missed the first 15 mins due to traffic delays around Swindon. Whilst the stewards were friendly they had little organisation skills in allowing late County fans to their seats. We played very well in the first half and fully deserved to be in front at the break. Second half they came at us and should have been level when their best player No 7 hit the bar with the goal gaping. We Kept the dangerous Doyle quiet and then late in the game brought on Podge for the limping Abrahams. The hardworking Irishman found himself out on the right wing in an hopeless situation but he skillfully turned his man and whipped in a perfect cross for the well anticipated run from Matt who finished neatly. 2-0 and many Swindon fans made for the exit gates. Hope Labs only had cramp and not an hamstring issue. Flynny looked well chuffed at the end. Glad he stayed. Early days but i don't think the gaffer and players are looking at the play offs. Automatic promotion is the aim and i think this really could be our season. The new players deserve alot of praise for how well they've slotted in. Butler and Day were fab but with respect to them they haven't been missed. Great result..Well done all.

mad norm wrote:Just got back from watching Woking lose to Boreham Wood.....Dire football
Fantastic to be cheered up by this result :cheers:
Wrexham should get a win at Woking next week on this performance... I'll wear my County scarf and report back to all :mrgreen:

WELL DONE THE LADS :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Wtf were you doing at Woking when a short trip down the M4 you could have watched the County? Just speaking for myself but couldn’t give a f*ck about Woking v Wrexham so don’t bother about that report mate!
What a result today eh? I was at a family party, I could hear my phone dinging but afraid to look. Makes my weekend , well done the lads! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

More disrespectful whingeing sour grapes from another defeated manager who claims to know the way we play but doesn't have the technical nous or ability to combat it!
“We resorted to playing like Newport do – aimless long balls and punting the ball forward.
“We knew the only way Newport could probably score against us was from a set-play, so that was disappointing.
Only one of the goals came from a set play, there were other near misses from open play and some of the stuff we played on the ground was equal to, if not better, than anything they were able to serve up.

County Exile wrote:More disrespectful whingeing sour grapes from another defeated manager who claims to know the way we play but doesn't have the technical nous or ability to combat it!
“We resorted to playing like Newport do – aimless long balls and punting the ball forward.
“We knew the only way Newport could probably score against us was from a set-play, so that was disappointing.
Only one of the goals came from a set play, there were other near misses from open play and some of the stuff we played on the ground was equal to, if not better, than anything they were able to serve up.
Their fans (no surprise perhaps) were of the same opinion. For example, there's this from TheTownEnd.com forum:
When the school bully who is twice the size as you says he will kick the **** out of you at 4pm you have three options, you run, you talk you're way out of it, you put coins in your knuckles, show up and and smack the fucker first.....and then see what happens.

We tried to talk our way out of it... and got smacked to ****.

Newport (unlike Colchester) play like this week in, week out.....why oh why were we not prepared?!

You fight fire with fire....why were not hard challenges going in!? Why was the ******* inept ref asked, why he wasn't in charge?! At every dive and every late challenge!?

We deserved all we got....**** all...

Horrible, nasty, non football side and we played into their arms hook line and sinker.

lowandhard wrote:
mad norm wrote:Just got back from watching Woking lose to Boreham Wood.....Dire football
Wrexham should get a win at Woking next week on this performance... I'll wear my County scarf and report back to all :mrgreen:

Wtf were you doing at Woking when a short trip down the M4 you could have watched the County? Just speaking for myself but couldn’t give a f*ck about Woking v Wrexham so don’t bother about that report mate!
What a result today eh? I was at a family party, I could hear my phone dinging but afraid to look. Makes my weekend , well done the lads! :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
Too much Babycham at the party eh?

If you looked at getting from Woking to Swindon by public transport you'd perhaps understand why Norm watches Woking home games.

He doesn't have a bloated NHS pension like you, but at least he was out watching football yesterday.

County Valleyboy wrote:Their forum reflects what their manager says and more.
They seem to think that they are far too good for shitty league 2
I read through pages and pages of that on my return journey. A total contrast to the comments by Exeter fans last week, who seemed prepared to accept they were probably second best and therefore happy with a point. From the Swindon forum, you'd think we didn't make a clean challenge in the match, the sourest of grapes. One dimwit even seems to wonder if, because they have only one fit and available centre back, they can get an emergency loan to tide them over. They lost, get over it.

It's always good to get an alternative view on the game. I just read the 21 pages on their forum, well it is Sunday afternoon.

One phrase that kept coming up was 'shithousery'. Wonderful word. Never heard it before. Not sure if it was used by the same person all the time but cropped up at least 5 times. Still don't know if it was referring to us or their attitude in not dealing with our 'horrible' challenges.

One poster even said they tipped us for the title. Hmmmm. Great reading though. One poster here suggested that their forum follows their managers take on teams. Based on what I read, I would agree with that.

whoareya wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

If you looked at getting from Woking to Swindon by public transport you'd perhaps understand why Norm watches Woking home games.

He doesn't have a bloated NHS pension like you, but at least he was out watching football yesterday.
:grin: Bloated ? Hardly an adjective suitable for my NHS pension but never mind, my finances are my business. Woking to Swindon by train is pretty doable isn’t it? I do apologise however, for not watching football and entertaining relatives instead though, I didn’t know going to a game was compulsory.

lowandhard wrote:
whoareya wrote:
lowandhard wrote:

:grin: Bloated ? Hardly an adjective suitable for my NHS pension but never mind, my finances are my business. Woking to Swindon by train is pretty doable isn’t it? I do apologise however, for not watching football and entertaining relatives instead though, I didn’t know going to a game was compulsory.
For a bit of fun just looked it up.
About 1 hour 40.
2 changes unless you start at Guildford then 1 change.
Single is £30 plus.
If you are skint maybe will be above your budget.
It is do able though.
Think Norm could make Crawley though.