Re: Swindon Manager Wellens joins pointless moaners club

Best one yet. I turned to my daughter about 5 minutes before halftime and said I would love to see the possession stats because most of the game seemed to be played in front of us and the away end is in line with the area we were attacking. They had a good spell leading up to them hitting the bar, we controlled the rest of the game. That performance yesterday has been building since the opening game of the season. 3-5-2 last week which I missed,5--3-2 yesterday and the transformation was seamless. Long ball, long facking ball didn't he see our second goal! Keep the criticism (jealousy) coming I say, we played them off the park yesterday end of.

supporter wrote:Best one yet. I turned to my daughter about 5 minutes before halftime and said I would love to see the possession stats because most of the game seemed to be played in front of us and the away end is in line with the area we were attacking. They had a good spell leading up to them hitting the bar, we controlled the rest of the game. That performance yesterday has been building since the opening game of the season. 3-5-2 last week which I missed,5--3-2 yesterday and the transformation was seamless. Long ball, long facking ball didn't he see our second goal! Keep the criticism (jealousy) coming I say, we played them off the park yesterday end of.
I agree we controlled the match, had little protection from the ref ask Sheehan how many late tackles he had to tolerate - I thought we played good football - well executed set play - great second goal - and what a goal Abrahams would have scored if he had just slightly held his run.

I’ve put together some quotes from opposing managers.

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: "I think there was only one team that was going to win the game in terms of football stature.

Newport 1-0 Plymouth

I don’t think it was complacency – it was a mistake and maybe being a bit gung ho. We’ve completely dominated the game. Credit to Newport, they defended heroically. We didn’t create too much. We’ve been caught by an absolute sucker punch and we didn’t deserve it.

David Artell
Newport 1 - 0 Crewe

Dan Conner FGR - goalkeeping coach
They’ve got their own way. That’s no disrespect to the way different teams play, but they are set on kicking it long and trying to score from that.”

Forest Green 0 v Newport 2

The Rodney Parade attendance of 4,762 was their second biggest of the season so far and there is no doubt the vocal Welshmen and women play a huge part in swaying the decisions of weak officials “

“It should be irrelevant in terms of how Newport are playing, irrelevant in terms of the way the crowd are, irrelevant in terms of what their players are saying to him – you just have to make proper decisions.

Matt Taylor
Newport 1-1 Exeter

“We resorted to playing like Newport do – aimless long balls and punting the ball forward. “We knew the only way Newport could probably score against us was from a set-play, so that was disappointing.

Richie Wellends
Swindon 0-2 Newport

Five games and just one goal conceded, yet the only humility was shown by the manager of the best footballing side of them all- Crewe. Maybe the others should concentrate on their own deficiencies!

Contrast this with our only defeat this season.

"I don't think we were quite at it today. We huffed and puffed at times, but you could see the tone where we had a chance to go 1-0 up, but for an offside, then they score.
"It's a bit frustrating. It was a so-so performance. They did what they did well and deserved the three points."

Mike Flynn
Northampton 2 - 0 Newport

Maybe these other managers could actually learn how to react to defeats and maybe they then would be linked with every vacant position
Last edited by Morganrum on September 29th, 2019, 10:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Morganrum wrote:I’ve put together some quotes from opposing managers.

Argyle manager Ryan Lowe said: "I think there was only one team that was going to win the game in terms of football stature.

Newport 1-0 Plymouth

I don’t think it was complacency – it was a mistake and maybe being a bit gung ho. We’ve completely dominated the game. Credit to Newport, they defended heroically. We didn’t create too much. We’ve been caught by an absolute sucker punch and we didn’t deserve it.

Newport 1 - 0 Crewe

Dan Conner FGR - goalkeeping coach
They’ve got their own way. That’s no disrespect to the way different teams play, but they are set on kicking it long and trying to score from that.”

Forest Green 0 v Newport 2

The Rodney Parade attendance of 4,762 was their second biggest of the season so far and there is no doubt the vocal Welshmen and women play a huge part in swaying the decisions of weak officials “

“It should be irrelevant in terms of how Newport are playing, irrelevant in terms of the way the crowd are, irrelevant in terms of what their players are saying to him – you just have to make proper decisions.

Matt Taylor
Newport 1-1 Exeter

“We resorted to playing like Newport do – aimless long balls and punting the ball forward. “We knew the only way Newport could probably score against us was from a set-play, so that was disappointing.

Swindon 0-2 Newport

Five games and just one goal conceded, yet the only humility was shown by the manager of the best footballing side of them all. Maybe the others should concentrate on their own deficiencies!
I agree that concentrating on their own deficiencies is sound advice. I would also add stop resorting to 'name-calling' after a defeat. It is child like and quite frankly laughable.

Although a little difficult to make out, and it doesn't include the Swindon game, that is quite an interesting graphic.

So, to the 18th September, the 'long-ballers' are possibly Scunthorpe, Northampton, Walsall, Grimsby, Mansfield, Stevenage, and Salford, and the 'tippy-tappy' teams are likely Plymouth, Crewe, Cambridge, Port Vale, and Bradford.

But apart from Colchester (with the amazing gap down their middle) and Carlisle (lopsided to the left), the others appear to be quite similar.

Is this freely available info (link?), or is it from a subscription site?