Model pitch

Back in the day I used this pitch at Kimberley Park and its degree of waterloggedness to decide whether the game at RP would be on . The drainage at RP has been improved but not at my “ model “ obviously. I wonder what RP looks like today.
Last edited by lowandhard on September 30th, 2019, 5:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Re: Model pitch

UPTHEPORT wrote:I miss your pitch inspections Mike :cry:

I know they where to be trusted :grin:
Only caught me out once and that was after the last drainage work at RP which does seem to have made a huge improvement and made my “model “ redundant . I honestly think that the only games that are off these days are the ones we want to be :lol: either that or we really do have a cloudburst just before a game. I do really wonder what RP looks like today though, I doubt it’s great considering another big storm to come.

lowandhard wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I miss your pitch inspections Mike :cry:

I know they where to be trusted :grin:
Only caught me out once and that was after the last drainage work at RP which does seem to have made a huge improvement and made my “model “ redundant . I honestly think that the only games that are off these days are the ones we want to be :lol: either that or we really do have a cloudburst just before a game. I do really wonder what RP looks like today though, I doubt it’s great considering another big storm to come.
Having said all that, if our game is on this week then my word to the drainage work and the ground staff (given the rain we’ve already had and what’s to come), is - salut !

And we play Carlsile ??? They should know !

Isn't it good though , that we can feel confident that our home game on Saturday will be on , despite the torrential rain we've had ???

(I've typed that with a bitten tongue and heart in my mouth that I'm right)

Corpaboy wrote:And we play Carlsile ??? They should know !

Isn't it good though , that we can feel confident that our home game on Saturday will be on , despite the torrential rain we've had ???

And remember all the drainage experts who said it was all down to being too close to the Usk.......I can only assume that the WRU diverted the river when they installed the new pitch.........

whoareya wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:And we play Carlsile ??? They should know !

And remember all the drainage experts who said it was all down to being too close to the Usk.......I can only assume that the WRU diverted the river when they installed the new pitch.........
I believe I read somewhere that some diversion of the drainage system outside of the ground has been carried out.
Don't profess to be an expert in such matters, but if rainwater was drained directly into the river below the high tide line, then obviously at high tide such drainage would be slowed. However no matter what drainage system is in place if the rate of rain downfall is greater than the rate of drainage then flooding will incur no matter where the river is, won't it?
Guess we will only find out come Saturday