Re: Corners

Coxy wrote:In response to the original post i would say "no" however, refs do need to clamp down on all of the shirt tugging etc and at the same time stop giving the keepers free kicks for minimal if any contact.
Agreed. 'Keepers have almost become the 'untouchables' in many cases gaining free-kicks as a result of their own mishandling.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Every corner you could have a penalty or free kick its about 50/50 so just let it go
Wonderful statement.
Great just ignore any rules.
You were a Ref
Blimey
Read what I said its 50/50 or 6 of one
Whose interest is it in to have 'wrestling' at corners? The attacking team or the defending team? If you need it spelled out which team wants to run free which team wishes to hinder that?

Crime is 50/50, perpetrator and victim are equally involved.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Every corner you could have a penalty or free kick its about 50/50 so just let it go
Wonderful statement.
Great just ignore any rules.
You were a Ref
Blimey
Read what I said its 50/50 or 6 of one
Sorry but that's just plain daft.
Its either a foul or not .
Its not a question of evens.

Percy plunkett wrote:Bizarrely,we bring everyone back to face a corner so up to 19 players in our box.We clear the ball straight to their one guy in the centre circle and it just comes back.I find that crazy,leave Abrahams up then,they will need an extra defender at least.It gives us an outlet and less opposition players in our box for the ball to drop to.Problem solved.
In Mourinho's first match for Chelsea they were winning 1-0 and Utd had a corner in injury time. United pushed everyone up for it including the keeper and mourinho sent 3 Chelsea players to the half way line. The united players had no idea what to do. corner came to nothing and about 3 united players weren't even in the box because they were unsure where they needed to be! never saw Mourinho do it again though.

Bush wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Bizarrely,we bring everyone back to face a corner so up to 19 players in our box.We clear the ball straight to their one guy in the centre circle and it just comes back.I find that crazy,leave Abrahams up then,they will need an extra defender at least.It gives us an outlet and less opposition players in our box for the ball to drop to.Problem solved.
In Mourinho's first match for Chelsea they were winning 1-0 and Utd had a corner in injury time. United pushed everyone up for it including the keeper and mourinho sent 3 Chelsea players to the half way line. The united players had no idea what to do. corner came to nothing and about 3 united players weren't even in the box because they were unsure where they needed to be! never saw Mourinho do it again though.
If you mean his first spell, I thought Maureen's first Chelsea game was against Wigan. Wasn't that the game that in his post match interview he famously claimed that they 'parked the bus'. For some strange reason, useless facts like this stay in my memory banks. I'll be delighted if I am wrong because then I can try and erase it!