Corners

Is it about time the number of players in 1. The six yard box 2 the. penalty area was restricted at corners. The amount of pushing ,shoving ,shirtpulling and general skullduggery needs sorting.
Ideas,comments?

Re: Corners

Bizarrely,we bring everyone back to face a corner so up to 19 players in our box.We clear the ball straight to their one guy in the centre circle and it just comes back.I find that crazy,leave Abrahams up then,they will need an extra defender at least.It gives us an outlet and less opposition players in our box for the ball to drop to.Problem solved.

Percy plunkett wrote:Bizarrely,we bring everyone back to face a corner so up to 19 players in our box.We clear the ball straight to their one guy in the centre circle and it just comes back.I find that crazy,leave Abrahams up then,they will need an extra defender at least.It gives us an outlet and less opposition players in our box for the ball to drop to.Problem solved.
Yes, we have discussed this amongst ourselves and can't find a logical reason for not having one man on half way during corners other than a specific tactic against the team we're playing

Percy plunkett wrote:Bizarrely,we bring everyone back to face a corner so up to 19 players in our box.We clear the ball straight to their one guy in the centre circle and it just comes back.I find that crazy,leave Abrahams up then,they will need an extra defender at least.It gives us an outlet and less opposition players in our box for the ball to drop to.Problem solved.
I'm with you Percy apart from being a goal up in injury time can see no logic, in fact I would keep 2 up then opposition need to keep 4 back.

Saw it this season at home one team had 2 on the centre but both out wide as well, trying to think who it was.

Based on our defensive record I think I'll give management the benefit of the doubt on this one.

There's obviously method in it. Perhaps their view is that a crowded box gives less space to attack and enhances your chances of getting a free kick?

mad norm wrote:Is it about time the number of players in 1. The six yard box 2 the. penalty area was restricted at corners. The amount of pushing ,shoving ,shirtpulling and general skullduggery needs sorting.
Ideas,comments?
I can understand your rationale, i.e. an attempt to reduce the amount of offending from both sides, and 'tidying up the game', but my initial reaction is if all this offending is taking place then obviously the referees don't have the balls to do anything about it. Isn't shirtpulling supposed to be a bookable offence for example?