Re: Grandstand - Carlisle home

daftasfxxx wrote:They celebrated where the scorer ran to, it would be pretty embarrassing for him if they all fooked off in the opposite durection
He turned a full half circle. Sheehan(I think it was he) made a pose.

Please can you tell me would it not have been better to have celebrated in front of County fans? And if you don't think that let me know why.

SULLY34 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:The celebration was nothing. Lost count the amount of times over the past few years teams have scored (late) goals at the North end and their players celebrate in front of the Hazell.
If grown men can’t control themselves from hitting stewards and trying to run onto the pitch to get at players just because the opposition team scored and slid near them then they shouldn’t be allowed at a football match.
As for Flynny fining our players and apologising to Carlisle, don’t be daft, hat’s ridiculous.
I spoke with 2 Carlisle supporters after the game. Apparently a female steward had calmed everything down, then a male steward came over and punched a supporter in the face. That's why it kicked off.
carlisle fans are going to say that ? Thats not why it kicked off,don't believe everything your told

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Brendan. When discussing Kevin Ellison winding up opposition fans you said something along the lines of ‘some people take life and football too seriously, Kevin Ellison enjoys winding those people up’ also, about football being a ‘pantomime’ and fans loving to ‘cheer the goodies and boo the baddies’ .. ‘taking that out of the game would kill it’ ... ‘give me Ellison over the soulless robots anytime ‘ ... that doesn’t extend to our players though??
You're missing the point.

For whatever reason, and I suspect it was a rush of blood George Nurse changed direction and ran 30 yards to celebrate in front of the Carlisle supporters. I think it was Sheehan who turned and made a short pose in front of them. Those actions incited a reaction.

Now if Flynn were to apologize it deflates the issue. Also it makes us look good. Look at where they ended up. Right in front of the Carlisle fans. I have made it clear that the fans who did react were wrong but it doesn't alter the fact that there was incitement.

In our dreams we have all hit a thirty yard screamer to win a game for County. In my dreams I always run to the County supporters. :grin:

Flynn doesn’t need to apologise, there is no issue. Just one or two of our own supporters whining about it. Makes us look good? Would make us look pathetic apologising for nothing.
Absolutely nothing in that celebration that doesn’t go on week in week out up and down the UK
Don’t watch the Livingston v Celtic highlights with Livingstons goal celebrations on front of the Celtic fans.

daftasfxxx wrote:Going have to agree to disagree on this one, passion/ spur of the moment / emotion, nothing was planned, they just ended up there
Tend to agree with this. Nurse couldn't have been more than 10 yards from the Carlisle supporters when he hit the screamer. I haven't seen the TV yet but at the time I was caught up in the celebrations and sat directly opposite the incident in the Hazell.

I did notice the scuffle
between the stewards and the Carlisle fans afterwards but to be honest at the time I didn't put two and two together as I was so caught up in the goal celebrations.

Is it on YouTube yet as I have missed the Quest EFL roundup and the Skysports programme this morning as I would like to see the replay of the incident.

pembsexile wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Going have to agree to disagree on this one, passion/ spur of the moment / emotion, nothing was planned, they just ended up there
Tend to agree with this. Nurse couldn't have been more than 10 yards from the Carlisle supporters when he hit the screamer. I haven't seen the TV yet but at the time I was caught up in the celebrations and sat directly opposite the incident in the Hazell.

I did notice the scuffle
between the stewards and the Carlisle fans afterwards but to be honest at the time I didn't put two and two together as I was so caught up in the goal celebrations.

Is it on YouTube yet as I have missed the Quest EFL roundup and the Skysports programme this morning as I would like to see the replay of the incident.

It’s not great, but it’s nothing that doesn’t go on week in week out mate. Not sure he would have done it had they been Leeds, West Ham or Millwall fans mind :wink: :lol:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:They celebrated where the scorer ran to, it would be pretty embarrassing for him if they all fooked off in the opposite durection

Please can you tell me would it not have been better to have celebrated in front of County fans? And if you don't think that let me know why.
He was probably too caught up in the moment to realise that he should be conducting himself in a manor that would appease some bloke sat on his computer in Ireland.

I hope someone from the club takes swift action and reminds him that the football club revolves around you and your opinions :lol:

Perhaps you should just enjoy the brilliant success this club is having at the moment and leave the knit picking out for a change?

Lighten up and be thankful for Nurses’ super strike.

I loved the way our players celebrated , Carlisle players piled on each other just yards from our fans last season after a 20 yard strike in the 94th minute but I’m not sure if we tried to attack the stewards though.

If Carlisle supporters can’t behave it’s not the fault of a young man delirious at scoring his first ever league goal and actually epitomises our team spirit.

Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

He was probably too caught up in the moment to realise that he should be conducting himself in a manor that would appease some bloke sat on his computer in Ireland.

I hope someone from the club takes swift action and reminds him that the football club revolves around you and your opinions :lol:

Perhaps you should just enjoy the brilliant success this club is having at the moment and leave the knit picking out for a change?

You seem very angry.

But you also seem to be unable to answer a simple question. So I'll ask it again.

Would celebrating in front of our own fans be too sterile for you?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You seem very angry.

But you also seem to be unable to answer a simple question. So I'll ask it again.

I think the person sitting at his computer in another country that’s always looking to be divisive and controversial is really the angry one here, please don’t deflect your issues onto me.

As for your rhetorical question, celebrating in front of our fans would have been as equally brilliant 8)

And I can assure you, as someone who was actually there, as opposed to someone sat in his house smouldering, I didn’t hear anyone getting upset over the celebration - everyone was going ballistic and hugging celebrating another huge result for the club, you know, like genuine fans do.
Last edited by Ironsider on October 6th, 2019, 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Morganrum wrote:I loved the way our players celebrated , Carlisle players piled on each other just yards from our fans last season after a 20 yard strike in the 94th minute but I’m not sure if we tried to attack the stewards though.

If Carlisle supporters can’t behave it’s not the fault of a young man delirious at scoring his first ever league goal and actually epitomises our team spirit.
A bit of poetic license there. Carlisle's late winner last season was at the other end of the ground from our supporters.

Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

You seem very angry.

I think the person sitting at his computer in another country that’s always looking to be decisive and controversial is really the angry one here, please don’t deflect your issues onto me.

As for your rhetorical question, celebrating in front of our fans would have been as equally brilliant 8)

And I can assure you, as someone who was actually there, as opposed to someone sat in his house smouldering, I didn’t hear anyone getting upset over the celebration - everyone was going ballistic and hugging celebrating another huge result for the club, you know, like genuine fans do.
Try answering the question.

Would celebrating with your own fans be too sterile for you?

Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Try answering the question.

Would celebrating with your own fans be too sterile for you?
celebrating in front of our fans would have been as equally brilliant 8)
Well done.

I think it would have been better to celebrate with your own. However I appreciate that some people have such low self esteem that they can only feel up if someone else is down. 8)