Re: Grandstand - Carlisle home

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Try answering the question.

Would celebrating with your own fans be too sterile for you?
celebrating in front of our fans would have been as equally brilliant 8)
Well done.

I think it would have been better to celebrate with your own. However I appreciate that some people have such low self esteem that they can only feel up if someone else is down. 8)
You would know.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well done.

I think it would have been better to celebrate with your own. However I appreciate that some people have such low self esteem that they can only feel up if someone else is down. 8)

You’re just being pathetic now Brend. Embarrassing

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well done.

Again no reasoning just a bear assertion. I hold a view you and Ironside don't agree with, tough.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well done.

Again no reasoning just a bear assertion. I hold a view you and Ironside don't agree with, tough.

It’s not the fact you have, what I believe a ridiculous view on the events of yesterday, it’s the pathetic way you keep trying to belittle people but just end up making yourself look a complete ****

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Brendan. When discussing Kevin Ellison winding up opposition fans you said something along the lines of ‘some people take life and football too seriously, Kevin Ellison enjoys winding those people up’ also, about football being a ‘pantomime’ and fans loving to ‘cheer the goodies and boo the baddies’ .. ‘taking that out of the game would kill it’ ... ‘give me Ellison over the soulless robots anytime ‘ ... that doesn’t extend to our players though??
You're missing the point.

For whatever reason, and I suspect it was a rush of blood George Nurse changed direction and ran 30 yards to celebrate in front of the Carlisle supporters. I think it was Sheehan who turned and made a short pose in front of them. Those actions incited a reaction.

Now if Flynn were to apologize it deflates the issue. Also it makes us look good. Look at where they ended up. Right in front of the Carlisle fans. I have made it clear that the fans who did react were wrong but it doesn't alter the fact that there was incitement.

In our dreams we have all hit a thirty yard screamer to win a game for County. In my dreams I always run to the County supporters. :grin:

I’m not missing the point at all. You’re ok with Ellison doing it but not our own players, so you’re either a hypocrite or just being an arse for the sake of it

Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well done.

It’s not the fact you have, what I believe a ridiculous view on the events of yesterday, it’s the pathetic way you keep trying to belittle people but just end up making yourself look a complete ****
Thank you for that. You will understand that your view is not one with which I agree. :grin:

As I am the one who brought the subject up before it has gone off in a different direction I still believe that MF should have a quiet word with the two players I named..( Sheehan and Abrahams ).
I have no problem with the team 'celebrating the goal in front of the Carlisle fans' if thats all they did. What I find wrong is the way Sheehan turned to their fans and 'goaded ' them. It upset a few of their fans and it could / almost started an incident that didnt need to happen. Thankfully thanks to the stewards acting quickly enough it didnt. Those fans had travelled all day , lost the game in the last few seconds and had probably had a few beers. Added to this a player 'goading them' its no wonder it almost started a pitch invasion by a few. If they had got on the pitch who knows what could have happened ?
I also think he should have a quiet word with Abrahams because of the way he 'goaded ' the Carlise keeper seconds after the goal went in..IMO there was no need for it..

Please stop going off on a tangent and trying to point score by the usual abuse because of 'differing views'. This is a forum for fans to 'DEBATE THEIR VIEWS'
Why does it almost always turn into a 'slanging match ?'
They are my views , agree or disagree , thats your choice. I dont agree with many of the answers given because I have let my views be known but have I said one word of abuse because I dont agree with anyones views ??????

You know the answer to that is NO
Last edited by neilcork68 on October 6th, 2019, 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Ironsider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Well done.

Thank you for that. You will understand that your view is not one with which I agree. :grin:

Nah, I’m pretty sure that even you think you’re a c***

neilcork68 wrote:As I am the one who brought the subject up before it has gone off in a different direction I still believe that MF should have a quiet word with the two players I named..( Sheehan and Abrahams ).
I have no problem with the team 'celebrating the goal in front of the Carlisle fans' if thats all they did. What I find wrong is the way Sheehan turned to their fans and 'goaded ' them. It upset a few of their fans and it could / almost started an incident that didnt need to happen. Thankfully thanks to the stewards acting quickly enough it didnt. Those fans had travelled all day , lost the game in the last few seconds and had probably had a few beers. Added to this a player 'goading them' its no wonder it almost started a pitch invasion by a few. If they had got on the pitch who knows what could have happened ?
I also think he should have a quiet word with Abrahams because of the way he 'goaded ' the Carlise keeper seconds after the goal went in..IMO there was no need for it..

Please stop going off on a tangent and trying to point score by the usual abuse because of 'differing views'. This is a forum for fans to 'DEBATE THEIR VIEWS'
Why does it almost always turn into a 'slanging match ?'
They are my views , agree or disagree , thats your choice. I dont agree with many of the answers given because I have let my views be known but have I said one word of abuse because I dont agree with anyones views ??????

You know the answer to that is NO

Find myself agreeing with this. Well said. Hope we have now heard the last of it.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Plus 1

BUT Corky you let yourself down on the Wrexham thread.

Double standards sorry to say.

??????

Its been a running joke on here for years about our 'friends from North Wales' and their 6 fingers...its called humour.......

I cant stand them and hope they stay in non league for decades.....

Many years ago whilst watching County against Wrexham at the Racecourse I got a few 'slaps' from their fans...dont worry I gave as good as I got. from that day I have nothing but dislike for the Plastic Scousers...I hope they catch their extra finger in the zip of their shell suits.....
As I am not Welsh I dont go for this , lets support them getting into the league because they are a Welsh team..**** them , I hope they get relegated and eventually fold.
I cant stand their fans attitude that they should be in the league , we robbed them of their 'rightful place ' and a 'crap side like ours' should have stepped aside and let them win the play off final just because they have twice as many fans as we have.
They are where they are because they cant get promoted , werent good enough to stay in the Football League and deserve to be where they are because of results.
Remember all the 'bleating ' off them when they finished 2nd on 99 points but failed to gain promotion a few years ago. Yes they ddi well to gain the points but they failed at the final hurdle....so B ollox to them

If a steward has assaulted a fan then i would imagine a complaint would be put in and then cctv evidence sought to determine this and if it has taken place the steward would then be charged and fired. No issue surely with the players goal celebrations. There isn't a designated celebration area plus the goal was scored in that corner/area. Hopefully we don't lose to a late goal in the return fixture.

neilcork68 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Plus 1

BUT Corky you let yourself down on the Wrexham thread.

Double standards sorry to say.

??????

Its been a running joke on here for years about our 'friends from North Wales' and their 6 fingers...its called humour.......

I cant stand them and hope they stay in non league for decades.....

Many years ago whilst watching County against Wrexham at the Racecourse I got a few 'slaps' from their fans...dont worry I gave as good as I got. from that day I have nothing but dislike for the Plastic Scousers...I hope they catch their extra finger in the zip of their shell suits.....
As I am not Welsh I dont go for this , lets support them getting into the league because they are a Welsh team..**** them , I hope they get relegated and eventually fold.
I cant stand their fans attitude that they should be in the league , we robbed them of their 'rightful place ' and a 'crap side like ours' should have stepped aside and let them win the play off final just because they have twice as many fans as we have.
They are where they are because they cant get promoted , werent good enough to stay in the Football League and deserve to be where they are because of results.
Remember all the 'bleating ' off them when they finished 2nd on 99 points but failed to gain promotion a few years ago. Yes they ddi well to gain the points but they failed at the final hurdle....so B ollox to them
Like I said

Double standards.

You feel for Carlisle but not Wrexham.

What's the difference between their struggles and ours for all those years in the wilderness.

Double standards

I'm not Welsh by birth but 100% adopted

And now for something completely different........................(cos the bitchin' is getting me down)...........
Just watched the match highlights and was quite amused by Steven Pressley marching across the pitch making a beeline for the ref in order to remonstrate that Nurse's goal came in 95 minutes and 50 seconds. Now I completely understand how gutted he must have been, especially (in his own words) when Carlisle had played the best that they had all season, but Mr Coggins wasn't going to say "Oh, alright Steve I'll disallow the goal," was he?. So come on Steven for goodness sake, we've all had that. And what was wrong with waiting until you all got in the tunnel to make your point? Trying to impress your travelling entourage?

Coxy wrote:If a steward has assaulted a fan then i would imagine a complaint would be put in and then cctv evidence sought to determine this and if it has taken place the steward would then be charged and fired. No issue surely with the players goal celebrations. There isn't a designated celebration area plus the goal was scored in that corner/area. Hopefully we don't lose to a late goal in the return fixture.

You mean like last year away