Wilfried Bony

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Re: Wilfried Bony

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » October 24th, 2019, 1:23 pm

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
njbh86 wrote:I'm all for optimism, but you lads are dreaming if you think Bony would for a moment entertain the notion of signing with us. Given what he's made salary-wise throughout his career, what we could offer him is probably of negligible difference to him compared to just not playing.

If I end up being wrong, great, I'd be delighted to be so. But I think we should be happy that he's been around the club and hopefully teaching Tristan and the others a few things.

Spot on.

Its totally ridiculous.

Being serious now his agent could get him a gig in China and earn a fortune.

Cheers

Why hasn't his agent done this?

Perhaps a contract until January could put him back in the 'shop window'? It would then leave him free again to gain a signing on fee in January. It would be up to him to show that he still can do the business though!

Probably doesn't need the money anyway.
On a light hearted note knowing people who have gone their on business etc you really would need an extra strong stomach.
He is not coming to the County, its not quite so daft as Henry a few years back though.
no avatar
User

njbh86

Postby njbh86 » October 24th, 2019, 2:34 pm

Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
njbh86 wrote:I'm all for optimism, but you lads are dreaming if you think Bony would for a moment entertain the notion of signing with us. Given what he's made salary-wise throughout his career, what we could offer him is probably of negligible difference to him compared to just not playing.

If I end up being wrong, great, I'd be delighted to be so. But I think we should be happy that he's been around the club and hopefully teaching Tristan and the others a few things.

Spot on.

Its totally ridiculous.

Being serious now his agent could get him a gig in China and earn a fortune.

Cheers

Why hasn't his agent done this?

Perhaps a contract until January could put him back in the 'shop window'? It would then leave him free again to gain a signing on fee in January. It would be up to him to show that he still can do the business though!

He doesn't need it. And doing x in L2 isn't gonna get him the moves he would ideally want. We just need to live in the real world for a minute. Our current highest earning player is on about 1500/wk (per Stuart James' article that bigdaddio linked to). No chance in hell Bony would sign up for that.
User

SJG99

The End of the Hedge

Postby SJG99 » October 27th, 2019, 3:34 pm

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
JonD wrote:The forum being quiet shouldn't be your cue to type rubbish. Why don't you do more of your "historical County figures" stuff? That was interesting.

JonD come on please take a chill pill.

A bit of light heartedness does nobody any harm, or maybe it does by your response. :cheers:

Hope to do Len Hill later.

Smile it wont hurt mate. :lol:

Compare this to his response to Phil's thread about the Jamma Quiz. What a hypocrite. :roll:
no avatar
User

Frank Nouble 3

Postby Frank Nouble 3 » October 27th, 2019, 4:27 pm

SJG99 wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
JonD wrote:The forum being quiet shouldn't be your cue to type rubbish. Why don't you do more of your "historical County figures" stuff? That was interesting.

JonD come on please take a chill pill.

A bit of light heartedness does nobody any harm, or maybe it does by your response. :cheers:

Hope to do Len Hill later.

Smile it wont hurt mate. :lol:

Compare this to his response to Phil's thread about the Jamma Quiz. What a hypocrite. :roll:

Read all the threads before you mouth off on your weekly visit. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
If you did you will note I apologised to Phil.
Again I think if you again read all the threads I had a nice response from JonD also.
Very sad by the way Jamma has been way off form all season but don't let that spoil your tirade.
no avatar
User

njbh86

Postby njbh86 » October 28th, 2019, 9:23 am

https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/news/ ... oe-ledley/

back on topic, I see Flynny confirms that some of the guys on this board are in their own world :D
User

County4Life

Postby County4Life » November 1st, 2019, 11:04 pm

I don't see why we should be signing 45 year old players :bom:

If he's a 30 year old man then i'm a dutchman :grin:
Previous